Fluffy.dk gone

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Sunborne, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Sunborne Member

The log in, quest lists, and news section of Fluffy.dk have been erased. If this is unintentional, I hope the owner fixes it and thank you for the very useful add-on. If the add-on is permanently gone, thank you for it while it lasted and how do I get rid of it from my interface? My quest window keeps opening every time I zone but I cannot log in to Fluffy to make it stop. :(
  2. Feldon Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that Fluffy.dk has been shut down. :(

I believe you would delete any files named fluffy in \EverQuest II\UI\EQ2MAP\

EQ2U now offers a Quest Tracker feature although it's not viewable in-game except through the in-game browser. We could talk about it if it there is enough interest.
  3. Virgatus Member

Yeah Fluffy hasn't been maintained for some time now. I was happy to hear about the EQ2U quest tracker and plan on using that tool.
  4. iisbliss Active Member

I miss Fluffy. I tested out EQ2U quest tracker and compared to fluffy, it needs some work. In a way it is more complete, with all the quest info, but there is no way to manage the quest lists. You can't mark quests as "Unavailable". Comparing is way more awkward. I kind of hope Fluffy does come back.

I also don't like using the in game browser when I don't have too. Using the quest window was faster. Half the time EQ2U wont pull up my character on the first try. Or I have to search guild first, then character, then quest tab. It was so annoying after being spoiled by fluffy, I made a list on paper for the zone.
    Virgatus likes this.
  5. Jarno82 New Member

Not only inconvenient but sad, particularly given how Fluffy assured website visitors that the old information would remain accessible. Does anyone know of a downloadable file based on this database that might work for offline use? Or an online replica somewhere? I agree that EQ2U is a good start but nowhere near as functional in this regard.
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

We're working on a way for players to vote quests as Unavailable.

An EQ2 dev told me that there's a way to load a webpage into a UI window directly, so we might be able to add a quest tracker window to the game UI.
    This sounds really strange. I've never seen this before. I believe you can add a macro to load an exact website, so you could make a hotbar button that goes straight to your questlist.
    :(
  7. Jarno82 New Member

That's great news, Feldon! Thanks for being on top of this! Rich tracking of quests would be a nice addition to the existing EQ2U feature set.
  8. Asaenia Active Member

How do I uninstall fluffy's addon now that it's inoperable? Also Feldon, your eq2u quest tracking is a godsend. Thank you so much.

Humble recommendation, for quests that are not available to your race, it'd be nice to see them show as a different color, so that you can be aware of their existence but it helps to allow you to focus on quests in the zone your particular toon is capable of completing.
  9. Jarno82 New Member

Ditto for tradeskill/adventure class.
  10. CyphKye New Member

I was worried when I noticed that Fluffy had decide to stop updating his site, but comforted by his assurance that he would keep the site up. That it is gone now is very bad news.

I loved to be able to track what I had done and have easy access to what I was missing. The auto-update feature of his Journal mod was nothing short of genius.

I would love another journal mod that could offer what he had and somewhere that would track my progress like his website did. Saying that I am thankful that you are trying to do something Feldon - but an ingame journal mod like Fluffy's and a nice way to track your progress similar to his would be beyond awesome!