Fixed Internally Floor not rendering in Golden Rule solo

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by honeybush, Nov 29, 2023.

1. honeybush Member

after teleporting thru mirror then going to Vanquish the Sovereign there is no floor. is only rendering a carpet, a partial rendering of side rooms and some straight ahead. validated assets, camped nothing works. just fall thru world everytime I step in
    Twyla, Raenarys, Dawnn and 1 other person like this.
  2. Maec New Member

I have the same issue. Im at the part where I took the carpet to the top floor and teleported through. The next hallway is a purple hazey void.
    Twyla and Aggy like this.
  3. Shimshon New Member

Same for me. I was able to finish the zone by having a guildmate (who could see the floor) come in and go to the boss room, then I used call of the tinkerer to get over there.

Unfortunately, the next quest sends you to a zone using the same room, and the same issue occurs there. On that quest, my guildmate could not enter; you can only enter Alcazar Crescendo if you are on that step of the signature, and they had already completed it.
    Aggy likes this.
  4. Aggy Active Member

Ugh, I just got this step and am facing same issue. No floor :(
  5. Haohmaru Developer

Hey all - this is an odd one and we're investigating.
    One thing I can suggest in the meantime, though it may not fix anything (but is something we check internally when we see mismatches like this) is...
    • Open your game install folder (within patcher: Advanced Settings-> Open Game Dir)
    • Open the PAKS folder
    • Look for BETAMISC and noship**** files (could be up to 4 noships). Delete them all.
      • These may not exist! They technically shouldn't on LIVE installs, but sometimes get copied when people copy Beta folder assets to their Live folder to expedite launch patches, or other various scenarios like this!
    • And for good measure, rename exp20_SG.vpk to exp20_SG_backup.vpk (temporary rename in case patching fails).
    Close patcher, repatch (it'll grab the exp20_SG again), hop in and see if that helps? If it did, delete the backup VPK above.
    If no change, repeat the steps above, but rename all 3 exp20* files as _backup and then repatch. Try again!
    If for any reason it doesn't redownload the exp20 assets fresh, rename the backups to original names.

Post results here!
    Those with a better understanding of our file types are looking into this too, but I know this has fixed similar issues in the past so until we hear more, give this a go!
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Aggy Active Member

I don't even see exp20_SG.vpk in my paks folder :oops:
  7. Caith Developer

We've located the issue, which seem to be specific to streaming installs. So if you are seeing this issue and think you are on Full Install, I may have news for you! We are currently deploying the fix to address the issue.
    Breanna, Twyla, Aggy and 1 other person like this.
  8. Aggy Active Member

Thanks you for looking into this and trying to get it fixed! We appreciate you guys :)
    Twyla likes this.