Flame Tapestry... 5 charges for a furniture? what the heck?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, Jan 5, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Why does the recipe for the Flame Tapestry from Deep Forge have 5 charges on it? You can only make this T7 house item 5 times before you have to get the spell again? There's not even anything special about the tapestry. It's just a furniture item.... so why?
  2. ARCHIVED-zaneluke Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Recipie is in deep forge. Same place everytime you go in. Common recipie? I dont know really , it is a nice looking thing though if your going with the red motif.
  3. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

I don't get why they are limited to 5 charges either. There is nothing special about the recipes, the status reduction is not impressive. I don't see any reason for keeping it a temp recipe. If there was something special about it, I could see it, but not in its current form.
  4. ARCHIVED-trovan2 Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    it gives you a reason to go back?
  5. ARCHIVED-Nuhus Guest

With the amount of void shards needed to get to the t2 armor seems like there pleny of reason to go back hehe
  6. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

trovan2 wrote:
    Bingo.
  7. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Considering that the recipe is tradeable, and that anyone working on A Thread of Hope heritage quest is going to go to Deep Forge a gazillion times to get the 70 bricks of iron ore required to make the magmatic bronze armor, I'd guess that the recipes will begin appearing affordably on the broker at some point.
    This is no different than Bartending for Sadists or The Tender's Secrets recipe books, are a PITA to get /shrug.
  8. ARCHIVED-Val Guest

It is a recipe upon which lower level adventurers must be dependentent upon high level adventurers if they want the recipe. I hope its not a trend away from crafter independence, but it seems like it might be.
  9. ARCHIVED-zaneluke Guest

Valsehna@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    You can trade it. The product is fluff. imho its not a game breaker.
  10. ARCHIVED-erin Guest

zaneluke wrote:
    Where is it at?
  11. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

erin wrote:
    Southeast round room with the casters. It will be on a table or sitting on the floor, usually. You could conceivably get a level 80 to group with a level 50, mentor, zone in, and unmentor, then just stroll over and collect the recipe.
    [IMG]
  12. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    True.
    Charged recipes were a bad idea then and a bad idea still.
    You have to go back for the ingredients, but forgetting how to make something after doing it a few times makes not roleplaying sense.
  13. ARCHIVED-zaneluke Guest

On a table in the same room as the key mob.
  14. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

The recipe wasn't all that expensive on Butcherblock. Of course, I'd rather the recipe didn't disappear, but I got enough tapestries to decorate my living room windows. It makes lovely curtains. (However, it's not called Flame Tapestry exactly. I forget the actual name too.)
  15. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Sigrdrifa@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Ah. So that is why iron ore is so expensive. And iron ore is the one thing I got none of when I was there. Need 10 to make anything.
  16. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

Silken@Butcherblock wrote:
    I actually kind of want to make some of the armor just for appearance as well as for the HQ. This is what it looks like, and it's cloth, despite the plate appearance:
    [IMG]
  17. ARCHIVED-JenarieII Guest

This will make you very happy then...
    Gninja wrote:
    and
  18. ARCHIVED-revren Guest

Hey Hey

Good to hear abouth the aperance gear , i will now have two sets , The quest is not taged heratige in your quest log, while grabing missions , i cleaerd out some of my grey quests and that was one of them, Completly crafted a set of gear and when i went to run it in, well i did not have the quest ... Oh well send a tell to revrent on perma if you want a set ;>

Welcome Home
    Rev
  19. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Terron@Splitpaw wrote:
    Completely agree. Bartending was very rare to drop as it was.