FIX CLASS Balance

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Disastrous, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Disastrous New Member

Please tell if and when Class balance will be looked into. I have lost a lot of friends playing this game, because balance of classes is out the window, very close to quitting myself.

whats the point in playing a DPS class when tanks do more damage

we need to go back to how it should be, when classes had set rolls ,
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Please do NOT. If you want what another class has, roll that class.
    Frogwarp and Breanna like this.
  3. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I, for one, am glad tanks are doing more DPS. I mean, have you played this game lately? Mobs have a quadrillion hit points and even with a fully twinked group - some mobs *still* take a while to knock down. I couldn't imagine losing a substantial portion of a groups output just so "a dps toon can be on top of the parse". Heck, I wish healers had some sort of heal-damage proc rune to give us even more output. I certainly don't want to be lolly-gagging around at the end of RE heroic for 10 minutes whittling away at the last boss - hoping my tank didn't nod off from boredom and forget a bulwark call...

Long before ascensions were a thing, watching the parse and bragging that your brig did better than a sin was a thing. With ascension surges and (essentially) p2w spell upgrades - any swinging sword can parse well just by spamming / surging ancient / celestial ascensions. It's not rocket science.

Measuring the length of my proboscis via ACT's parse is for days gone by. Sure, its a measure of how you're doing compared to others of your same class, but trying to measure up against a well built monk / sk - that's just folly.
    That makes almost as much sense as running T1 heroics wearing T3 raid gear and then bragging how well you're doing.

Evolve. The game has, so should we.
    Frogwarp and Soara2 like this.
  4. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Tanks have to do stuff to get their dps up there just like everyone else. This takes AA fixing, spell upgrades, gear upgrades, etc. Spell rotations, the whole 9 yards, and unless you have done all this on your dps character, or willing to, you should not be comparing yourself with people that have done these things.
    Breanna, Berret1, Mermut and 2 others like this.
  5. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Disastrous is an extremely talented player that plays nearly all classes. He's not posting salt.

The underlying issue is...how do you motivate people to play tanks? Even with the silly dps a tank can do, we dont see many switching to them.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

... switching "mains' is a royal pain in the wallet, is why.

Just do the math... Tanks that are doing magic numbers are fully ******: eth runes / fervor runes / etc et al. They're not the 1060 resolve 55k pot tanks.. nooo sir. So you could in fact, roll on IoR and fully gear a toon and be ready in 30 days, all it takes is cash.

BUT ! Even if I *did* have oodles of completely disposable income to give to DBG - playing a tank with the rest of you lot is almost as pleasurable as going to the dentist.. or the DMV. So many backseat tankers... so many players who feel their input is the deciding factor of win vs loss. "erhmergerrrd you missed bulllwerkkkk" ... "you need to pull more" "turn the mob faster"
    "are you in crafting gear, my monk does more dps"

Yeah. No thanks. Rather, no tanks.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Make tanking fun again.
    Make DPS actually be DPS again (IE nerf Fighter DPS and replace with Taunt boosts to compensate.)
    Balance DPS classes better.
    Make utility actually provide utility.

Win Win.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Imagine playing a MMO and not wanting class balance LMAO.

Oh wait. What a forum and what a playerbase this game has.
  9. Drona Well-Known Member

Which tank classes are out dpsing Assassins, Wizards, BL, Locks/Swasy on AOE etc?

Are top guilds now taking 4 or 5 fighters over traditional DPS classes to their raids?
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Drona Well-Known Member

How do you make tanks fun again? Removing Bulwark isn't going to do it since tank population was falling well before then.

People still love bards and chanters in their groups. No one I know start a heroic group without at-least bard or chanter. So what is the issue with utility?
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

• Scripts that require tanks to do things.
    • Pick up extra mobs.
    • Predictable memwipes.
    • Hold adds that shouldn't be killed.
    • Move mobs to different areas in fights.
    • Predictable deathtouches on some (not all) harder fights.
    • Mobs that require good defensive rotations in harder zones.

IE anything other than;
    • Turn mob.
    • Do as much DPS as physically possible to hold aggro
    • Hit bulwalk.
    • Repeat.
    Tomshindo, Frogwarp and Mermut like this.
  12. Drona Well-Known Member

I would would love it if this happens! But
    But most players think the above is hard so how to do we going to get them to do the all the above?

Here is the thing, EQ2 is dead man walking. We simply don't have enough players to do complicated stuff you mentioned above. This is why the the tank population was falling. Even in popular MMO such as WoW/FF14, there are lot less people playing tanks compared to DPS or even healer classes. So if you want to keep healthy supply of tanks in EQ2, its going to be easy mode tank and/or a tank who can dps as well as any other class. Lets face it, most people who are playing tanks now will rather play a DPS class!
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I'm not about to do scripts. If you think killing my damage is going to be replaced by jumping from circle to circle and clicking the cloud above the mobs head will make me happy you have lost your mind
    Breanna, Kuulei and Zeddicious like this.
  14. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Monks and Sks can outdps T1s easily in heroics and keep up with them in raid. I regularly top parses in the raid I use my monk in.
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Part of the problem is how game mechanics are working today as opposed to almost 30 years ago when the original concept of MMOGs started. Back then it was the "holy trinity" of tank, dps, healer. Games were built around these concepts and over the years, classes evolved, roles changed or disappeared, and even the landscape changed. Old school players want a return to the basics where it's all clearly defined. Tanks have been disappearing for years because, whether we like it or not, it's not much fun, other classes have and could tank (remember raids where necromancers held sway)? Artificial means like 'bulwark' simply isn't going to change those mechanics. Players are evolving and want to have fun and even game mechanics are reflecting these changes. Ignore these changes at your own peril.

Real World History: World War I reflected current strategy among "old school military thinking"--to wit, the battleship was the center of naval warfare and all fleets were built around that concept. Old school warriors and military tacticians said this is the way it's going to be. However, once the Wright brothers demonstrated something new--that man could fly--the face of naval warfare changed. New thinkers designed the aircraft carrier, much to the disgust of the old school thinkers, but it forever changed the face of naval warfare during WWII. Knights in plate armor died out hundreds of years ago years ago to changes in weapons and tactics.

Like the example above, today's current class design is a old school. The fighter (battleship) is outmoded technology and people are looking to play something relevant and fun. No disrespect to current fighters in the game, but I suspect many would just as soon play something much more fun if you could and the only reason you're still a tank is for altruistic reasons, bless your hearts. Let's face it, you want to make MMOs relevant, make them fun to play and get rid of silly rule sets that have no place to today's players. Stop requiring tanks to be in groups and run instances and give tanks the chance to "betray" to a different class with same level gear and equipment, so they don't have to start from scratch. Advertise what you're doing and watch players return to the game where they have fun again as opposed to having it feel like they're in a Russian labor camp in Siberia.

If it's a game, it's supposed to be fun. Somehow and some where, we've lost that connection.
  16. Ashandra Well-Known Member

If tanks are going to sit up around the top of dps break ups can classes that have tanking utility please get that back .I mean we used to be able to do the weekly / eth runs on classes other then tanks we lost some of our dps or utility to spec it but it could be done. May not have been as clean as a real tank but every one was happy , it also meant getting a group wasn’t such a drama or time sink.

As for class dps balance it seems to be in the too hard basket, boost then after an expansion or so nerf hard has been the pattern .
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Drona Well-Known Member

Anyone can out dps anyone in heroics. Its the Ascension class that maters there now, so being fighter is irrelevant in heroic.

Of all the parses I have seen from "top" raiders on discord (I am sure you have seen them), its always complaints about how Assassins are out dpsing everyone in raids by a big margin. So I was really surprised by the claim that some how fighter are out dpsing everyone one!

Here are some from discord and you can clearly see sure monks are keeping up but still below Assassins and other DPS classes. So this is not fighter issue but Monk issue who clearly need huge nerf :p

Like they say, proof of the pudding is in the eating, so where are the fighter influx? Why aren't all the DPS classing not rolling fighters? I don't see it.

(01:33) Guardian of Faal'Armanna: 425.18B assassin-Ethershadow Assassin-283.15B
    Sin | 58.52B
    Taldu | 44.21B
    Monk | 43.54B
    Sin (no illy) | 41.28B
    Sin (no illy) | 36.95B
    Necro | 26.61B
    Illy | 23.88B
    Illy | 19.55B
    Swash | 16.35B
    Brig | 14.67B
    Conj | 12.79B

Vogie03/21/2019
    (03:05) Avatar of Mist: 430.69B Assassin-Ethershadow Assassin-348.23B
    Assassin | 47.87B
    Vogie | 40.21B
    Lock | 35.95B
    Monk | 35.22B
    Swash | 32.28B

Talduke03/08/2019
    so t3 are becoming t1 now :stuck_out_tongue:
    (01:15) Warlord Gintolaken: 520.47B Xavkiz-Ethershadow Assassin-434.51B
    sin | 72.24B
    sin | 62.64B
    talduke | 51.88B - illy reset, surged on fiery and scorched both times
    monk | 45.21B
    necro | 37.42B
    sin (only dirge) | 31.49B
    illy | 30.66B
    sk | 27.87B

Vogie02/20/2019
    i'll take parses that don't matter for $1000 Alex
    (00:40) Pherlondien Clawpike: 899.32B Sin-Ethershadow Assassin-432.46B
    Sin | 97.92B
    Vogie | 83.51B
    Conj | 74.14B
    Conj | 67.53B
    (01:46) Guardian of Faal'Armanna: 373.05B Illy-Ethershadow Assassin-283.29B
    Conj | 36.29B
    Sin | 36.03B
    Vogie | 33.53B
    Conj | 28.59B
    Lock | 25.34B

Talduke02/15/2019
    (00:27) Pherlondien Clawpike: 821.24B sin-Fatal Followup-506.05B
    sin | 156.66B
    sin | 75.86B
    lock | 65.80B
    monk | 61.72B
    necro | 51.86B
    illy | 42.19B
    dirge | 35.24B
    illy | 35.19B
    brig | 34.38B
    sk | 32.43B
    fury | 32.21B
    zerk | 20.71B
    conj | 20.18B
    for lulz
    (01:35) Guardian of Faal'Armanna: 406.32B sin-Fatal Followup-288.59B
    sin | 71.84B
    sin | 55.79B
    lock | 42.89B
    monk | 33.52B
    necro | 33.37B
  18. Clintsat Well-Known Member

That's why I was specific and called out monks and SKs. Zerkers are on the lower end of T1 dps as well. You are making my point actually...even with the increases in fighter dps, you don't see a ton of them available for groups and you don't see the dps classes that are being beaten switching to monk. I'm not sure what the fix is...

Regarding the question about the number of tanks in raids. FoE has run 4 tanks when we can. I'm pretty sure some of the Euro guilds do too.
  19. Revanu Well-Known Member

I wanna see the monk/warlock avatars mythic parse ;)
  20. Lifebane New Member

hrmm... where are the bruisers in that parse :)