Fish pole question!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Tsulli49, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Tsulli49 New Member

I'm a 22 Wizard trying to complete a quest where I gather several things which will help me with crafting. I cannot find any vendor that sells fishing poles? Any suggestions?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

You don't need to buy a fishing pole to fish in EQ2. You get more skill at harvesting (fishing, gathering, foresting, mining, trapping) by doing.
    There are, however, tools you can buy/make to reduce the harvest time and increase your skill. As you gain levels you'll be able to get better versions.

Tinkering:
    Automated Watersafe Net (fishing and trapping)
    Automated Shears (gathering and forest)
    Automated Pickaxe (mining)

Woodworking:
    Harvesting Kit (all harvesting skills)

The automated tools and the harvesting kits stack with eachother.
    Avahlynn and Shmogre like this.
  3. Tsulli49 New Member

Thank you very much. So I need to buy a fishing net then? Where do they sell them>
  4. Mozil Active Member

Wait, are you doing a specific quest? Because NPC quests generally aren't going to send you to get something that can only be made by other players like the kits and automated tools.
  5. Tsulli49 New Member

I'm doing the Tutorial: Learning to Harvest. I'm suppose to fish up some sunfish. I have gathered, mined and harvested everything except the fish!
  6. Mozil Active Member

All you need to do for that is go poke around in shallow waters until you find a fish harvestable, you don't need any items for that. :)
  7. Maltaros Active Member

The fish will be called something like "Shoal of Fish". Just click on it like any other harvest node. Pretty easy once you find them, though that can be a little more challenging. Not all bodies of water have fish.
  8. Mozil Active Member

This is true. It's definitely a case where you want to tap the tab key every so often, it's a lot better at finding things than the human eye sometimes.
  9. Tsulli49 New Member

Thank you both for the information. This really helps. Another question before I stop bothering you. I have got everything I need for the quest: a real snake oil! I have the item to put on altar in Darklight palace but cannot find the altar! Are you familiar with this quest?
  10. Lizabethan Active Member

11. Spiker New Member

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/A_Real_Snake_Oil
    The internet is your friend most quests have walk thru's Wiki, Zam etc.
    To find a waypoint in a zone type /wa (then the coordinates)
    In this case go to Darklight Palace and type /wa -578 30 -180
  12. Tsulli49 New Member

I really appreciate everyone's help. Thank you very much!
  13. Gudum Active Member

You can actually buy a recycled fishing pole from Old Salty, who has a little stand on the docks right outside Neriak. Its a charm that reduces your fishing time by 0.2 seconds.
  14. Mozil Active Member

True, although not required for the quest OP is talking about. :) Which I think is where the confusion about harvesting kits and stuff came from.