First time as a FTP Player

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Gotreksson, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Gotreksson New Member

Hi all,
    Just found an old account i set up for my son yrs ago, in fact i just found 600+ veteran coins on it of which i can<t buy plat with
    I was wondering if someone can send me a list of what i should be doing to get along with not having access to certain things.
    Any help is appreciated
    Gotreksson
  2. Gotreksson New Member

well it's been nearly a week since i asked for advice for a new FTP player and sadly no one has been able to give any either constructive or not, so disappointed but people must be very busy with new xpac dropping soon.
    Thought someone may have contributed but hey ho never mind.
  3. Evilary Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't know how to answer you. Broker is about the only thing you lose access to that may be important. Level is tied to expansion purchase, not ftp or sub. You lose access to certain servers(TLE), you get half the coins and tokens you would receive but overall, there is not much you cannot do as a ftp account. You have a limit on characters you can create but this can be gotten around by purchasing character slots or making characters on Test server. If you have silver from that old account, you have 4 character slots, if it didn't get silver when available, you have 2 character slots.

I could keep typing stuff like above all day but I am unsure what you want specifically. There is no real list except the list below of perks for being all access.

4. Gotreksson New Member

Much appreciated, Evilary for the response.
    Pixistik likes this.
  5. zzmax929 Member

essentially by FTP you lose a LOT of quality of (game) life features that you get for being a subscriber. (like fast travel). But for actual gameplay, you will have limits on some of the gear you get (cant equip it if its prestige). You cannot use highest versions of spells/abilities. Limits on Overseer function which is a path for extra training for spells, mercs, mounts, familiars.

if you solo only its manageable. Grouping (at current content) you really cant contribute as FTP

if all you do is low-level fun/questing you will be fine.