First Photoshop Sig

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-kyrrah, Aug 9, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-kyrrah Guest

So I'm going to school to become a web designer/developer type person. My husband lovingly decided to scour the internet for the CS3 suite for me at the lowest cost humanly possible.
    My first foray into it is photoshop since I took a basic class for that already and I figure a lot of the free graphic manipulators are somewhat based on it.
    So below is my first sig using it. Lemme know whatcha think. My goal is to make an animated one eventually.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cheesyfish Guest

i like it very much, especially for a first time sig. one thing i found difficult about it though is i didnt see the text instantly and just saw a big open space
  3. ARCHIVED-[BiOHaZaRd] Guest

That is a nice looking sig for a first one. I studied myself in computer graphics and i aint that bad with photoshop.

First thing your closecut is well executed and looks smooth, maybe a little feather around the one with less opacity would be nice (his arm looks edgy a bit but still looks nice) The typo is nice looking, i only thing that it is too much on the edge of the pic. Maybe like move it a bit inside and leave a lil border around and maybe a little drop shadow would make it more visible. (i agree with cheesyfish's comment about visibility) Though if you want to add like your class/server/guild info on your sig u might have to change the disposition but in overall i like your sig :)
  4. ARCHIVED-kyrrah Guest

Thanks for the replies. I figured out how to download brushes and patterns. So I tried a sig for my dirge.

[IMG]

I availed myself of a few tutorials laying around here.
  5. ARCHIVED-Beckah Guest

6. ARCHIVED-[BiOHaZaRd] Guest

Wow that 2nd sig of yours looks really nice! The color gives a nice render.

Though i think you made a typo it should be: Extraordinaire and not Extrodinaire
  7. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

You've got a great start here. :) Practice makes perfect!
  8. ARCHIVED-kyrrah Guest

Bah! missed an a in there!

Thanks everyone!

Edit: This stuff's addictive! I made a new toon just to play around with screenies/sigs.

Original (cut out of screenie)

[IMG]

Touched up:

[IMG]

Resulting in:

[IMG]

Sooooooo addictive! My poor husband saw me searching for a graphics tablet and just rolled his eyes at me.