First Necromancer of Unrest

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Nedar, Nov 13, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Nedar Guest

Hello my fello Necromancers. I have come to inform you that I am the first Necromancer on the server Unrest. It is great, have yet to do anything, but being a skelton is very nice (save some wierd purple shaking image of myslef behind me...dunno if this is a bug or intended). Hope to open up the dialog on this wonderous sub-class soon.
  2. ARCHIVED-kane4000 Guest

I started in Qeynos. Will I be able to become a necromancer? Is there a quest. Oh and gratz!
  3. ARCHIVED-Nedar Guest

You must do the betrayal quest before lvl 20 to become a necro...not sure how to do that one. Thanks.
  4. ARCHIVED-Neimhidh Guest

Any advice or thoughts on how you leveled for your fellow necros to be?
  5. ARCHIVED-Elemence Guest

wouldn't mind knowing some good hunting spots either, currently at level 16 I'm in fallen gate, wailing caves, and some commonlands stuff like those undead at hidden canyon griffon tower
  6. ARCHIVED-Nedar Guest

I started by gettin 200% exp at lvl 6 on Isle. Then I did all my starting quest, citizen, sub-class, etc. Then I wandered out to Commonlands. Tried Wailing Caves at 10 and 11...its a little too hard (too many trains). So I just went out to the area above the mariner bell. There is some nice orcs and hounds to fight htere, solo, or grouped.

Once your 12 or 13 go to Wailing Caves. WC is good till 16 or 17...i stayed till 17. Then you can go to FG (find time to do the FG key quest, Originates in NFP from Kanor..or something like that, next to Thieves way). I was able to make good exp in FG till 20, at that point its harder..mainly because there are so few people at that level right now.

I'm lvl 21.54 right now. Been soloing for a few hours in Nektulous forest, made about 30-40% exp in just 2-3 hours solo, and made about 80-100 silver (have over 100 right now but dont remeber how much i started with this morning). The loot is great there, 10silver for femurs, and the Light Armor bracers that drop. And 1silver and change for the hands...collected about 25-30 hands today.

Hope this helps you out...remember! You are a DoTer...use static pulse and bludgeoning earth on singles, and Seism on groups....always assist the MA with pet and you single dots...use Essence Shift a lot when you have melee pet (at 20 you get warlock pet, they cant handle many ESs). Nuke sparingly with Dust Blast and Lighting Burst (LB stops being good around 18/19...but isnt resisted as much as DB is in FG).

Good luck, and enjoy!
  7. ARCHIVED-Nhilist Guest

Yep...saw you the other night Nedar...huge congratz. Following the same path.
  8. ARCHIVED-Synestri Guest

I'm curious, I've been doing quests for the lady outside the Arcane tower of Science. Almost completing it I found out it was to become a sorceror. Who do I talk to to become a summoner and work my towards Necro?
  9. ARCHIVED-Varekai Guest

Speaking of Dust Blast, I just got the spell and compared to Lightning Burst it's not doing any signifigant damge. Am I, or my skills, to low to cast this effectively and with levels and practice this will become my new big hit DD spell?

Also, I have the Tellerian Recruit Apprentice III spell and wow, what a worthless bug that is. Maybe I'm not doing something right but it hits for 10s (big deal) and can't hold a taunt. If I cast one spell on the mob it attacks me. I don't mind so much right now because the mobs aren't hitting hard but c'mon, I'm not going to be able to keep this up many more levels, I'm wearing cloth after all.

I was told that the next level pet is a spider then an earth elemental at Master level but will they be better or do I have to manage until I get to 20 and become a Necromancer?

Yavool
    14 Summoner
    Kithicor
  10. ARCHIVED-Nedar Guest

Dust Burst is not as good as Lightning Burst at first...but it gets better around 19 or 20...especialy if you can score an adept 1 book (as i had the luck of doing).

Tulleriun Recruit is Scarab, spider, golem i think. The Grim Spellbinder is orc skeleton for app 1 and 2..prob 3 as well. Not sure about adept though.

Pets have to do a good 20% or so damage to keep agro worthwhile soloing...and they HAVE to attack mob first.
  11. ARCHIVED-Drasilo Guest

Congrats:)

I'm getting there....
  12. ARCHIVED-Silmathien Guest

Gratz hun!

I am getting there - problem is I got addicted to trade skilling :)
  13. ARCHIVED-darthgalaxious Guest

14. ARCHIVED-Heretician Guest

Anyone know if Dead man Floating is a spell we get , It was my favorite :)

Heretician
  15. ARCHIVED-Aeriez Guest

a similar question would be... is levitate even an effect in eq2 or did they eliminate that as well?
  16. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Although I have not looked through all class spells I have not seen a Levitate thus far. I personally loved this spell in EQLive and would be dissapointed for it not to be here as well.