First Berserker to be checks in...

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Ellindar, Nov 9, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Ellindar Guest

I'm really tossing and turning over what direction my dwarf fighter will turn... paladin, guardian or berserker. But I just feel like I really want to dish it out in hand to hand and be unequalled in melee combat... so I believe that takes me the route of berserker. Anyone with Berserker experience... please chime in and say if the berserker's damage and attacks are worth it, or if he really doesn't do much more damage than the rest? If that's the case, I might as well go with paladin or guardian.

Also, anyone deciding to go berserker, are you worried that you won't really be needed in groups and therefore not looked for much?

Dori - Dwarven Fighter
    Mistmoor
  2. ARCHIVED-OlicKalberg Guest

Every group need 1 or 2 good tanker for good damage. SO yes the demand will be high for us in group !
    Message Edited by OlicKalberg on 11-09-2004 09:37 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Wildwa Guest

I would agree with Olickalberg, It seems that so far this game is going to rely on help from just about every profession. I certainly hope this is the case, as an old SWG player the "flavor of the month" professions got old real fast. Time will tell.....

Wildwa
    Fighter
    Aspiring Berserker
  4. ARCHIVED-Lildoc Guest

Future Berserker here as well, not worried one iota about finding groups.
  5. ARCHIVED-Sardaul Guest

Just wanted to chime in and say hey...

I do think we will be useful. I don't think one single class will be the end all be all. Instead, it would appear that tactics and the synergy between various class combos will be the determining factor.

--Sar
  6. ARCHIVED-HalberdBlue Guest

I don't know whether I want to be a serker or a SK, if I don't decide by the class quest I'll have to flip a coin! :(

/waves to everyone
  7. ARCHIVED-Dragonmonk Guest

I may be wron but if i read the forums and all the info right u either have to go with your aligned ment I.E an evil zerker would easier becoem a brawler adn a good zerker a monk. so remeber that when u choosing wich class to be come
  8. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

I played Berserker in Beta. Had a level 43 (that I leveled) and a beta buffed level 50 Zerker character for doing Raid Encounters. All in all I loved the class. Berserkers are Offensive Tanks. They have the ability to do nice damage, and if needed be the main tank for a group. For raids tho you will still want a Guardian to be the Main tank.

Berserkers made a huge improvement during beta from when I first started testing them. When they gave us our class defining skills it really did help us become different from the Guardians. When we Berserk we do more dmg and we also hit faster. Later on we get buffs that increase the groups attack speed and attack. Hopefully tho they will fix our level 40 Animation which is a bear. Looked more like a circus bear then a mean and furious bear. ;)

If any of yall have questions though just PM me or if your on Unrest send a tell to Thayne. :)

Just wanted to add one thing about grouping. During Beta my static group was a Guardian, Inquisitor, Shaman, Assassin, Necro and myself the Berserker. We could do any zone out there when grouped. We were efficient and we had a lot of fun. I tell you what if groups don't invite you because they don't think Berserker is a good class then those people are just plain fools and need to have their heads checked.

Message Edited by Theyne on 11-10-2004 06:21 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

Not being a jerk here, but you are wrong. It goes Fighter-Warrior-Berserker or Guardian (evil and good both can be Berserker and Guardian)...Fighter-Brawler-Monk or Bruiser (Good = Monk, Bruiser = Evil)
  10. ARCHIVED-Ellindar Guest

Thanks for the info Theyne. Here's my dilema...

Guardians can wear the very cool vanguard armor. Berserkers are stuck with just heavy. So that alone is going to make us a worse tanker. No big deal however, as a lot of times you're there just to deal the damage, not to tank. But what I'm concerned with is comparing berserker damage to mage and scout damage... are we in the ball park?!? If so, then I'm going berserker for sure. If it's not very close, then I'll probably go guardian or paladin, as a berserker will be lacking in some defense and not really a main damage dealer either.

In other words, can you 'sell' me on berserker? Why would I rather choose it?

Thanks!
  11. ARCHIVED-Sipherious Guest

I'm *definately* making my Dwarf into a Beserker =)
  12. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

the Vanguard armor became Heavy Armor itself. All the Rubicite and things like that are just classified as Heavy Armor. Through beta I wore the Vanguard armor myself. It does not look like thats changed also. I should be Berserker later today hopefully so I will check the stores that sell it and let you know. But I believe it will just be Heavy Armor is all which would equate to the Plate and Vanguard armor. :)
  13. ARCHIVED-raikan Guest

i play as a troll and berserker just seems like a nice fit, and i too beleive we will be somewhat damanded by groups
  14. ARCHIVED-Jorik75 Guest

First Berserker on Kithicor reporting in hi my zerking brother fight well and leave only dead enemies behind...:)

Jorik
    20 Zerker
    Kithicor
  15. ARCHIVED-Hurdoc Guest

Theyne, is this correct? It is my conception based on what I have read of the class descriptions and their skills...

Berserker DPS > Monk/Bruiser DPS
    Berserker Tankability > Monk/Bruiser Tankability

If that is true, Monks/Bruisers would have no point in the game.
    If its not, then likely our DPS is less than Monk/Bruiser DPS, since surely our tankability is better?

Just curious, I want max damage (without playing scout/mage class), I like seeing the numbers fly by :)
  16. ARCHIVED-Theyne Guest

No Monks/Bruisers > Berserker DPS

but yes Berserkers > Monks/Bruisers tankability.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kiriy Guest

First berserker on Befallen. Checking in... ^^