Fixed Internally First Animated Hedge corpse in Hedge Hollow unresponsive

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Oct 29, 2023.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

(yeah, yeah, I know corpses usually don't respond anyway, but see below... ;->)

CATEGORY Content
    SUBCATEGORY Non-Player Character
    SEVERITY Affects gameplay
    FREQUENCY Happened Once
    ZONE The Hedge Hollow
    LOCATION 985.91, 8.19, -502.76
    TARGET corpse of an animated hedge

SUMMARY Was not allowed to loot a corpse of An Animated Hedge
    DESCRIPTION I was told I was "too busy to loot right now" even though I could kill other opponents around it and loot them successfully without the message. There was something on the corpse, but I had no idea what it was, and it decayed without allowing looting.

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! It happened again on the second A Disturbed Zombie's corpse (past the first Animated Hedge; defeated the first Zombie past the Ani-hedge, no problem); my wolf fighting pet had something to do with it being a corpse, this is happening on my Mystic in Antonia Bayle. Once again, I was apparently "too busy to loot right now," even though I couldn't tell what, if anything, I'd had running in addition to it (and yes, it had something on it, but what, I'll never know now. Hope this doesn't happen with Volfban...).

Could it be they just died "too easily" or "too fast"? :-/

I will say, after the "looting restrictions" were over on the corpses, that still didn't help. :-/

EDIT: Aaand the third A Disturbed Zombie, at 988.91, 7.82, -528.96. Once again, wasn't allowed to loot it.

EDIT: Okay, omg. Tried opening the chest (the trapped chest, thanks; ow) off the dead ? that sometimes rooms with the A Disturbed Zombie (in that niche on the way to the grumpy ol' zombie on his porch you have to fight to unlock the first blockage of the Hedge Maze), and couldn't do it -- couldn't even OPEN A CHEST -- because I was "too busy to loot right now." Tried hitting the Esc key, tried looking to see what else on me was blinking or what, and nothing. >:-/

Looks like I'll have to delete the quest and start all over again; before it comes to that, maybe I'll just try doing the rest of this run without my pet. >:-/

EDIT: Nope, will have to do it all over again. Killed Ol' Man Dave without too many problems, even after "dismissing" (= killing :-/) my pet partner. He dropped a chest (probably with just armor pieces, but still) and had loot on him, and I couldn't loot either one. X-P

Uwk
    whose DEFILERS went through just fine... >:-/
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Epilogue: Yep, I deleted the quest, started all over again (damn its mangy eyes, whatever was responsible for this), and this time it worked without any hitches whatsoever, and had my pet helping, even. ;->

Even looted things-that-no-longer-moved on their way down so they disappeared without even hitting the ground, as always; no problems. :)

Uwk
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, I spoke too soon. Happened again tonight, but at least it was just after completing the Qeynos Haunted House and after I'd bought stuff from the gobbo outside. I went to look for something on the Broker, came back from that, then wanted to look at something else on the gobbo's list; no such luck. Everything was greyed out, including the "buy from merchant/sell to merchant" things. Tried to collect a nearby purple glowie; was told, once again, I was too busy for that. On looking at the message on my chat window belatedly, found I had sold stuff on the Broker (wasn't paying attention before)! :D Went to the Broker -- nope, tried to, no dice. X-P

So, at least there were no repercussions about me /camping to that toon, but I'm not sure I can trust the rest of the holiday, if this rears its ugly head again in the Maze or in the Loping Plains Haunted Mansion or any other enclosed "dungeon instance." :(

Uwk
    who desperately wants an extension of Nights now... :-/