Finding Whips.....

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Lark77, Nov 17, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Lark77 Guest

I've been looking around for whips and I just can't find any. Anyone know where some can be bought? RIght now I am dual weilding tin rapiers, but i'd like to use a whip in one hand occasionally as well.

At risk of getting a chuckle, I also purchased a trapping snare because i didn't know what the heck it was but it looked like a whip, coiled. Yeah, I'm embarrsed admitting that, haha...but now I don't know what the trapping snare is or what it is for. I can't equipt it. Needs Enlightenment...
  2. ARCHIVED-Vesko Guest

There is a quest in castleview that rewards you with a whip...and there may be other quests out there that give you weapons as well. At this point in the game I refuse to spend money on equipment(I am a little cheap right now as money is not readily available to me)...only at level 12 but have all white to yellow conning equipement, and dual wielding a rapier and axe both with 1.5 delays....will be getting that whip tonight though...really want to lose the axe :p

If you are hell bent on buying one though...check weapon shops...not really sure though again only spend money on ranged items thus far.
  3. ARCHIVED-Loremaster Guest

Vesko,

I did the whip quest in Castleview on the Kithcor server. I have now moved to Mistmoore to join some friends and I have not been able to find the quest again. Do you know who gives the quest or an idea of the area he/she is standing in? Any help would be great.

Loremaster
  4. ARCHIVED-TitoLandrum Guest

Talk to Fawn in Starcrest. She's near the Peat Bog entrance, behind a tree. She'll have you kill some young timberwolves and then ask for your assistance again. Help her a second time and you'll have to kill 3 coldwind octipi. Make sure you bring a druid with an underwater breathing spell and you should have no problem, except they can be tough to find, but exploring the underwater areas are cool. Good quest all around!
  5. ARCHIVED-TitoLandrum Guest

which reminds me, I take it whips are considered "slashing" damage? And how can you tell what type of dmg a weapon does?
  6. ARCHIVED-Vesko Guest

Loremaster,

Talk to Eireneith Alannia, have to kill deers in Antonica I believe for the whip...
  7. ARCHIVED-Loremaster Guest

Vesko,

Thanks a lot.

Loremaster