Figuring out attack rating

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Thanak Kalahed, Nov 23, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Thanak Kalahed Guest

I'm trying to determined with exactly influence attack rating.

So far I have seen a clear relation with STR.

2 points of STR = 1 more in attack At level 55, this role hold true up to 303 of STR

Also using audacious advance, with 30 more point in my melee weapon I gain 48 point in attack. Using rash advance, 7 point in melee skill give me 11 point in attack. The ratio here seems to be 1.6 attack for each point in weapon skill (when dual wielding).

Using a single weapon, I gain 24 point points of attack if I raise my weapon skill by 30 point, exactly half of what I get fual wielding.

I don't know how(if) that attack score is used in calculating melee combat result so I don't know if there is a point in being an attack junky.

Anybody have additional data so we can try to figure out exacly how this work ?
  2. ARCHIVED-Lukia Guest

Quality of weapons also effects attack rating, not sure on any ratios though

ie. Legendary weapons -vs- Fabled Weapons, fabled gives high attack rating
  3. ARCHIVED-Naggybait Guest

Your attack score makes a world of difference.

I was tanking some mobs we were doing for a quest. I always equip my shield now when tanking even, blue con heroics or green ^^^ heroics, etc.

Since they booted the Damage rating on DW weapons, my main DW was pretty darn close to my cobalt crafted one handed I had so, I decided to just swap out the shield. One less item to swap. I didn't think about the attack rating and I was missing a LOT. I decided to go ahead with my one handed, even though the DW had pretty equal DR and a nice proc, the one handed hit a LOT more often and the fights didn't take near as long.

So, one handed still has a benefit over a single dual wield, even though DR, etc. is pretty much equal.
    Message Edited by Naggybait on 11-25-2005 02:53 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Twoboxer2 Guest

ATK rating is the determining factor in whether you will hit a mob (along with AGI), and in calculating the damage done by both CAs and melee. So it's not a huge thing . . . it's EVERYthing lol.
    Your STR, weapon(s) Damage Rating (calculated from the weapon's damage and delay), the tier of your weapon (Legendary, Fabled), and your relevant skill levels all have an impact. The only things that don't affect ATK appear to be weapon procs if any, and haste.
    Frankly, since I only have two imbued Cobalt Leafblades, a Prismatic, and one T6 Fabled weapon I don't have enough armament to pin down the formula. I've tried swapping weapons and measuring the change on ATK, but frankly the results were not linear, or I was missing a factor.
    As an aside, my peak ATK in a group has been 1306, and I can assure you a Swashie does a potful of damage at that ATK rating :)