Fighter Revamp - Changes on Test Server (26/06/2012)

Discussion in 'General Fighter Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Caethre, Jun 26, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Caethre Guest

All
    ==

Fighters now get Recklessness at level 20. This ability is an extremely offensive combat stance, increasing ability damage by a substantial amount while increasing incoming damage to the fighter.

Brawler
    =====

"Brawler's Tenacity" is no longer modified by potency.
    "Enhance: Brawler's Tenacity" now only extends the duration of "Brawler's Tenacity" by 1.5s/rank instead of 4.5s/rank, meaning that for a Brawler with ten ranks, the duration changes from 90 seconds to 60 seconds.
    "Altruism" now heals for 30% when triggered but can no longer have the heal modified except by direct means.
    "Tag Team" no longer is a hate swap. It now just applies dodge chance to the brawler and the target. If the brawler targets his or herself, he or she will also be healed for 50%. The brawler and target no longer need to be engaged in combat to cast Tag Team.
    "Tag Team" now makes the target and caster immune to Strikethrough while active.

Monk
    ====

"Crouching Tiger" no longer makes the monk immune to Strikethrough.
    "Tsunami" and "Bob and Weave" now make the monk immune to Strikethrough while active.
    "Mend" can no longer be modified except by direct means.
    Black Widow Stance has been removed.

Bruiser
    =====

"Bodyguard" no longer makes the bruiser immune to Strikethrough.
    "Impenetrable Will" and "Unyielding Resolve" now makes the bruiser immune to Strikethrough while active.
    "Ignore Pain" and "Unyielding Resolve" can no longer be modified except by direct means.
    Bruising (Stance) has been removed.

Warrior
    =====

"Unyielding Will" can no longer be modified except by direct means. The value of the heal is now 100% at master quality.
    Dragoon's Reflexes now makes the warrior immune to Strikethrough while active.

Berserker
    ======

"Vision of Madness'" can no longer be modified except by direct means. The value of the heal has been tripled.
    All versions of Blood Rage have been consolidated into one spell. The spell will be the rank of the highest ranked version of Blood Rage. For example, a berserker with Master Blood Rage III and all the rest at Expert will have a master version of the new ability.
    Blood Rage's heal is now percentage based and can not be modified except by direct means.
    Enhance: Blood Rage now increases the value of Blood Rage's heal by 2% of the base value per point.
    Blood Rage III is no longer a Grandmaster choice at level 54. It has been replaced with Chaos IV.
    Blood Rage VI is no longer a Grandmaster choice at level 85. It has been replaced with Destructive Rage VI.
    Perserverance's heal is now percentage based and can no longer be modified except by direct means.

Guardian
    ======

Block now makes the guardian immune to Strikethrough while active.
    Defensive Minded now makes the guardian immune to Strikethrough while active.

Crusader
    ======

Legionnaire's Mercy now increases the amount of heals the crusader receives rather than improving the size of their heals.
    Legionnaire's Focus now increases Doublecast Chance rather than improving the size of their heals.

Paladin
    =====

Stonewall now makes the paladin immune to Strikethrough while active.
    Faith Strike's heal can no longer be modified except by direct means and is now percentage based above level 20.
    Enhance: Faith Strike is now 5% to the heal amount per rank.
    Holy Circle's heal can no longer be modified except by direct means and is now percentage based above level 20.
    Arch Heal's heal is now percentage based and can no longer be modified except by direct means.
    Divine Favor's heal has been substantially increased and can no longer be modified except by direct means.
    Lay on Hands will increase the target's maximum health and physical mitigation for a short duration. Its heal can no longer be modified except by direct means and is now percentage based.
    Holy Prayers is now 1.85% heal amount per rank.
    Prayer of Healing will increase the group's maximum health for a short duration. Its heal can no longer be modified except by direct means and is now percentage based above level 20.
    Allied Prayers is now 2% heal amount per rank.
    Focus: Prayer of Healing is now 10% heal amount.
    Holy Aid will increase the target's physical mitigation for a short duration. Its heal can no longer be modified by direct means and is now percentage based above level 20.
    Devout Prayers is now 2% heal amount per rank.
    Devout Sacrament will increase the caster's maximum health for a short duration. Its heal is now percentage based and can no longer be modified except by direct means.
    Faithful Cry's heal amount is now percentage based and can no longer be modified except by direct means.
    Marr's Favor no longer increases heal amounts.

Shadowknight
    =========

Shadowknight's Furor now makes the shadowknight immune to Strikethrough while active.
    Devour Vitae's heal is now percentage based and can no longer be modified except by direct means. The heal has been increased.
    Focus: Devour Vitae's heal is now percentage based and can no longer be modified except by direct means. The heal has been increased.
    Grim Harbinger's heal can no longer be modified except by direct means and is now percentage based above level 20.
    Leech Touch's heal is now percentage based and has been drastically increased. It should not be modified by potency.
    Enhance: Shadow Coil's heal is now percentage based and has been drastically increased. It should not be modified by potency.
    Focus: Caress Feedback's heal is now percentage based and no longer has a variance.
    Hateful Respite's heal is now percentage based, has been slightly increased and can no longer be modified except by direct means.
    Reaver's heal can no longer be modified except by direct means. The base value has been increased from 2% to 4%.
    Unholy Blessing's heal can no longer be modified except by direct means and is now percentage based above level 20. The heal has been increased.
    Enhance: Unholy Blessing is now 2% per rank.
    Siphon Strike's heal can no longer be modified except by direct means and is now percentage based above level 20. The heal has been increased.
    Unholy Hunger's heal can no longer be modified except by direct means and is now percentage based above level 20.
    Malevolent Protection's heal can no longer be modified except by direct means and is now percentage based.
    Painbringer is now a minor lifetap over time. Its heal is percentage based above level 20 and cannot be modified except by direct means.
    Unholy Absorption now reduces incoming damage by 0.5% per rank.
  2. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Interesting that the strikethru avoidance is on the short terms that are up the least.
    Things are going to be interesting...
  3. ARCHIVED-Caethre Guest

(( The nerf to "Enhance: Brawler's Tenacity" hurts. The rest, can't say it will affect me at all really.
    As for the new stance, it is as un-interesting as I thought it would be.
    And if I am in a heroic group (playing one of my others) with a main tank who does use it, and the group keeping wiping because the idiot can't stay alive but still won't change stance because it will "lower his parse", it will just help further pad the ignore & avoid list.
    And if it *really* works as described (ie: HUGE dps increase), the scouts and mages will soon be complaining too. It won't end well *chuckle*.
    Regardless, I won't be using it. :) ))
  4. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

Isn't the Paladin Death Save a 10% heal? Wouldn't this make is useless know?
  5. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Silzin@Crushbone wrote:
    If they left it as a 10%, yes.
    But many ability %'s have been tweaked since the change to not being modifiable. If its still 10% on test, you should probably get a thread going for it over on the testing forums.
    I would think atleast 50% if not more.
  6. ARCHIVED-Soul_Dreamer Guest

Tenacity change is a bit nasty, the rest is fine, although I can't really comment on the Crusader changes since I don't use mine often enough, I only really play my Monk and Guard out of my fighters.

One thing missing on that list:
    The focus addition isn't an addition, they've replaced the old HP/Power, Stats and Mit/Resist choices so ALL players are going to be down 2k mit.
  7. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

The stance will roughly double the CA damage (+100 % potency, + 50 potency), -30 % hate gain, +50 % damage taken, -90 % health if removed in combat. And now Dragoon's Reflexes grants strikethrough immunity. So if I want the only defensive AA in the WARRIOR tree I have to spend AAs on the Guardian AA Dragoon's Cyclone (+ AE attack). Thanks SOE for your brilliant design.
  8. ARCHIVED-Maguu Guest

I'm not sure about other fighters, but Paladins epic's are going to be nerfed. They should replace the effect with something else, or lower the heal % increase.
  9. ARCHIVED-Corydonn Guest

Tenacity nerf was a long time coming and was even OP in SF. This is minor compared to what it could have been. I'd like to see the base heal for 92 Ignore Pain a bit higher on bruiser though especially in PVP.
    I think the gobal trait mit nerf is going to hurt more than anything and should be thought out more since it's probably on the severity of the IAS nerf that hit Diablo 3 last week. You are going to make the game alot less fun with that.
  10. ARCHIVED-GrandMasterUb Guest

is recklessness an actual stance? or can you still have your "o-stance" active at the same time? as a zerker it would be nice to keep the encounter proc, weap skill, and accuracy if im dpsing anyway.
  11. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

It's a buff indepent of stances.
  12. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    On Live M1 it was ~23% - but increased to about 40% due to a Focus: effect - it was a virtual 100% heal when I left when you included potency into the mix.
    It would be a substancial nerf if it was reduced to 10%!
  13. ARCHIVED-Cyrdemac Guest

It's a 100% heal with Divine Favor on test for me, included the AA and focus.
    But the lack of more than 2k mitigation due to the char-trait revamp really sucks.
  14. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

Cyrdemac wrote:
    Sucks more for cloth wearers :p
  15. ARCHIVED-Fairin Guest

i had just finished my tank set for my troub too ... >.> now i have to pull mit out of my ___ to laugh at mobs again... ><

really hateing the mit debuffs in skyshrine as it is.
  16. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

What I am seeing as the overall effect of these changes is that playing and gearing-out a fighter, already the most difficult archetype, will get even harder. They've done nothing to make multiple tanks valuable, and have instead decided to force fighters to compete for DPS slots. They've lowered survivability across the board, and made fighters even more reliant on outside buffs and healing. Sounds like loads of fun! </sarcasm>