Fighter changes PoP

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Arclite, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Arclite Well-Known Member

From notes:

ABILITIES
    General

· Removed dual conversion penalties from taking both prestige conversion abilities.
    · Standardized the prestige conversion crit bonus from potency to a ratio of 20 potency grants 1 crit bonus.
    · Added the crit bonus to max health component to all fighter crit bonus prestige conversion abilities.
    · Most dependencies or prerequisites for Alternate Advancement and Prestige abilities have been removed or reduced. Current AA layouts may have to be re-committed.
    · Divine Crit Bonus will increase crit bonus overcap by .5 per level.
    · Corrected a bug that prevented potency over 10,000 from applying to taunts.
    · Most damage reflection abilities have been replaced with damage shield abilities.

FIGHTER

· Alternate Advancement and Character training choices that modify percentage based heals should now correctly modify those heals.

BRAWLER

· Increased the damage of Devastation Fist VII.

BERSERKER

· Chaos IX will grant weapon damage bonus to group members.

BRUISER

· Savage Assault VI has been converted into a single larger hit, with a high to hit bonus.
    · Enhance: Slurred Insult will increase the crit bonus of Slurred Insult by 1 per rank.
    · Enhance: Abuse will increase the crit bonus of Abuse by 1 per rank.
    · Enhance: Stone Deaf will reduce the power cost of Stone Deaf by 20% per rank.

GUARDIAN

· Battle Tactics VIII will increase the group's max health.
    · Call of Shielding VIII will reduce the amount of elemental, arcane and noxious damage the raid receives.
    · Enhance: Tower of Stone will now increase the trigger count of Tower of Stone by 1 at the fifth rank.
    · Tower of Stone no longer requires a tower shield equipped.

MONK

· Calm Tranquility IX will grant a small chance to ability doublecast to the raid.
    · Dragon Rage VIII will trigger a threat increase on hostile ability cast.
    · Dragonfire V has had its damage increased
    · Rising Dragon VIII has had its damage increased.
    · Will of the Heavens IX will grant a short duration immunity to root, stun and daze effects
    · The damage reflect granted by Shock of the Master has been converted into a damage shield to more properly scale with increased encounter damage.

PALADIN

· Increased the damage of Divine Inspiration IX
    · When cast by Paladins above level 100, Sigil of Heroism will grant Heroes Bulwark when cast, which reduces all damage done to group members for a total of 5 attacks.
    · The damage reflect granted by Faith has been converted into a damage shield to more properly scale with increased encounter damage.

SHADOWKNIGHT

· Increased the damage of Devour Vitae VII
    · Increased the damage of Grave Sacrament VIII
    · Increased the damage of Malice X
    · Increased the damage of Shadow Coil VIII
    · Increased the damage of Pestilence V
    · Increased the damage of Unending Agony IX

ITEMS
    · Rising Tide effects will now drop when out of combat.
    · Rising Tide effects will now modify Fervor instead of using potency conversions.
    • Death’s Advance will no longer cause Death March to affect the entire raid.
    • Death’s Advance will now grant Spell and Combat Art Fervor to Death March.

Raids: Mechanics
    Many of the bosses in the Planes have the ability to deathtouch their main target if that target is not a fighter. This isn’t always the case and it doesn’t happen instantly in most cases, but the majority are set up this way. This makes threat management all that much more important, so you may want to go easy on the huge ascension abilities on pull or even large spikes in damage without letting your tank know its coming. Unless you want a date with death; just a suggestion!
  2. Arclite Well-Known Member

I have been running dual conversion most of KA on my guard to use the overcap bonus for reforging. Interesting choice now more than ever. Will come at the expense of some group/raid defensive stuff though.

Interesting thing with DT on raid targets. Not sure how and if it will work. However, i do appreciate that they have designed content with the aim to help tanks but kinda defeats the purpose of giving dps big dps spells to begin with. I am all for a balanced approach but not sure how this will pan out in the long run.
  3. Arclite Well-Known Member

· Corrected a bug that prevented potency over 10,000 from applying to taunts.

I do not buy this for one second. Tanks were touching 10k pot around late ToT and then exploded at the beginning of KA especially with those who had ground tithe a lot. For a complete expansion to go by and no one picking up on it?
  4. Fairin Active Member

the dual conversion thing is alright but if you were relying on it 100% you might find yourself not capped for crit bonus. and thats a horrible thing, at least till we can do more testing with gear with actual stats on it.

all the DT is going to do is remove possible tanks from the already small pool of tanks, then those people skilled /geared enough to tank but cannot are gonna get the fighters to tank for them. shrinking the pool even further for those that just shout for groups, but i already have a post about that =)
  5. Malleria Well-Known Member

99% sure this was pointed out during KA beta. If not it was within the first couple months of KA being live. They just didn't care.
    Meneltel likes this.
  6. Shiloh Member

·Corrected a bug that prevented potency over 10,000 from applying to taunts.

Can devs explain why taunts arent affected by fervor?
  7. Dannni Active Member

Because hate mod is fervor for hate
  8. Sluggard New Member

Hate mod is not fervor for hate and never was. Period.

Fervor should and must apply to taunts and detaunts. Otherwise taunts and detaunts going to be completely useless with Fervor increase because only tank's dps and dpser's positional deagro will matter.
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of aggro now? As we have been saying for a while now, fervor should be applied to taunts (even passive threat as well). I do not see much of a difference from before as difference in dps and threat generation is now more greater than it was before.

As history would tell us, these kinda things tend to get ignored often and if it took them over a full expansion to realise that taunts were not being affected by potency past 10k, who knows how long before they address this. I will keep on reminding them here and on discord and hope they will listen.

You guys do your own bit and keep on the pressure.
  10. Arclite Well-Known Member

Fervor, by definition, adds additional % of damage/heal to abilities, combat arts and spells. It applies after all other modifiers have been applied. Hate mod does none of that.

adding fervor to taunts will help tanks a fair amount.

For example, if your taunt does 1,000,000 threat after pot, abil mod, crit chance, crit bonus have been applied and you had 100 fervor, the same taunt will now do 2,000,000.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  11. Dannni Active Member

Aggro is working just fine. Go on EQ2 progression and see all the guilds progressing through raid mobs. Just because you cant hold aggro does not mean aggro is broken.
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  12. Arclite Well-Known Member

With that premise, no tanks have had any issues with aggro ever.

On that note, do a zone without Amends on in a high parsing group and report back.
  13. Malleria Well-Known Member

See all the guilds with troub AV chains going on their tanks? Yea, really relevant to the game as a whole...
  14. Vogie Active Member

I tank the POP Heroics on my Alt SK, he isn't perfect but I can hold aggro 95% of the time off high parsing Conjy/Necro duo. I think Tanks are in a much greater position this expac vs last.
  15. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I agree, tanks being required to run with trouby or required to betray to pally for hate control isn't any good. If it's possible to troll a tank by ripping hate and getting the group wiped, then people won't PUG, not with a tank anyway, because they'll stay offline. The only reason that didn't kill pug groups last expac is because dps classes that could, stepped into the tank role. I'd like to see the tanks return.It's one thing to run with a scout/summoner tank once in a while, and another to run with a scout or summoner tank always with the exceptional case being, running with an actual tank.
  16. Sounson Active Member

I'm a tank and I can almost never find a PUG. I dunno if it's the population, or if people are just sticking to guild groups because it's always rocky at the start of an expac.
    Semperfifofum and Malleria like this.
  17. Sure Active Member

You have to form the group if you are tank, most times you only get picked as a tank if 5/6 grp is looking for one. There are a ton of tank toons at the start of the expac, a lot are running guild groups or cliques yes.

Tanks basically become rare about three to four months in to an expac, when they have either exhausted the content or they are exhausted of the content. Spring/Summer basically everyone discovers the outside world and forget about the game, winter time everyone is boxed in because its horrible outside at least in the Northern Hemisphere in most places. So if you are a tank in the 'off season' for EQ2, you might get all the groups you want, but at the start, not so much, this is an old game, people have reps, they rather go with who they know and get some where rather than gamble on a maybe beat a zone after 3 hours.

People are impatient it probably won't be too long before people will expect 15 to 20 minute runs of zones that can be done that fast, only reason they won't be because you can only short cut running distance so much or have to wait for scripts to do their thing, even if you may have had the DPS to kill the boss in 10 seconds, but no, you will have to plod through the 1 minute 30 second minimum experience as the script cycles its various stages, or what ever the minimum script dictates, I not bothered to time stuff like that yet, am not yet into tweaking stuff into speed running, server as a whole needs to catch up first. :)