Fixed Internally Fighter 100% avoids ineffective

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Priority, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Priority Well-Known Member

All fighter 100% avoids ( Warriors Dragoons' Reflexes, Paladins Stonewall, Shadowknights Furor, etc.) do not avoid incoming damage from the added spell portion of enemies autoattacks. From a conversation with a Dev, it sounds like this is a bug and should be negating that additional damage while active.
    EmJay, Daxdd, Beee and 16 others like this.
  2. Cropster Active Member

It definitely is not negating the spell portion of Auto. Zap/freeze/disease/ etc. If you had that convo and that's what is being hinted implied, then it is not working as intended. Dragoon's reflexes for instance only avoids the mele portion of attacks. (which i think it used to say in the ability but no longer does)
    Priority likes this.
  3. Drona Well-Known Member

Yes its very annoying bug and can be fatal to the tanks :p so please fix ASAP
  4. Cropster Active Member

5. Gematria Active Member

Seems its only Parry/Ripostes. My 100% dodge on monk always works, but Tsunami doesnt always work - only happens on some bosses, regardless of their auto attacks being magic or melee based as far as i have experienced.
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Tsunami and BoB & Weave work fine.
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

How long is this gonna sit as QA in progress? Kind of a mechanics breaking deal for every group/raid in game.
    Rayth likes this.
  8. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I thought I'd just retract this statement. On examining ACT, it appears that Tsunami and Bob & Weave suffer the same problem, but my shaman is a beast.
    Priority likes this.
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

Is there any update on this? Or will this remain in QA until most tanks have quit out of frustration and then you move this to the "resolved" thread?

I know you guys don't like/play/understand tanks but at least give us something. Not asking for much here as you may know, surviving is a rather critical part of tanking and these abilities are needed to accomplish that.
  10. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Yes please fix, Dragoon Reflexes has not really worked this whole expac.
  11. Arclite Well-Known Member

I am not 100% sure dragoon reflexes is working. On the Gidget and Bloodtender fight, Confound which is mental damage was still finding its way to hit me every now and then for the duration of the fight when we killed it the first time.

Looking at the combat logs and ACT of damage break down, I see 17 parries to Confound during the 30 minutes of fight time. Granted a lot of it was prevented through intercept/dodges and blocks but I would have expected it to be more given the use of reflexes most of the time it was up with resets. If any other warrior tanking bloodtender can have a look at their breakdown of parry of Confound then that would be helpful.

This was of course on the 10th of March so if the "fixed internally" was done after that, I will check it again.
  12. Ratalthor Developer

This should have been fixed in the 03/22 update. Is it still happening for anyone?
    Twyla and Aethos like this.
  13. Taled Well-Known Member

I haven't watched thoroughly, but after seeing your message I tested in a solo zone and I can say that it is definitely *better* but I can't positively say it's completely fixed - I am definitely able to parry non-physical melee attacks now, and it *seems* like the split damage attacks aren't hitting during Dragoon's Reflexes, either. I'll keep a closer eye on it during raid tonight to see if I have any issues.
    Twyla and Aethos like this.
  14. Taled Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, after a couple raid nights it *seems* to me like it's working properly, but without the ability to turn it on indefinitely and let something beat on me I can't say 100% for sure. :) (At least for Dragoon's Reflexes, that is.)