Fiery Blast V2.0

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Rondo9, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Because of how grossly strong they are and because they are P2W. The worst single thing that has ever happened to this game imo is the Ascensions.
    Kioske likes this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

3. slica Active Member

Why do y’all still play this game is the real question.
  4. slica Active Member

And apparently I got a forum violation the last time I was on here. Lmao
  5. Bawkan New Member

To watch it die.
  6. Magmag Active Member

They are not nearly as P2W as they used to be thanks to the addition of the new recipes. Also yes they are good, but for anything other than a T1 dps (or if you just dont care about parses) you can get along perfectly fine without upgrading them past apprentice. To say the game has been reduced to 4 classes is just absurd hyperbole. I hate the ascensions and agree that they were horrible for the game, but stretching an argument to ridiculous proportions makes it impossible to properly gauge the scope of said issue.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Rondo9 Active Member

Derail the thread why dont yous!
  8. knine Well-Known Member

Do you really need to ask that question?The fact that combos were required from ascensions in one expac to defeat raid mobs, one ascension is mandatory to de-level mobs and multiple people need it to keep it on a rotation, the fact that combat mitigation de-buffs come from ascensions, the fact that one ascension can feed power (not sure how strong that really is as I don't play that class), one ascension gets a ward, one ascension gets bleed through reductions plus many more spells, and the list can go on and on.. if you ancient out all your ascensions (p2w because that's the only way do to it quickly) then you truly only need to expert your "class" spells/combat arts.. oh yea and auto-attack is still garbage, so scouts and tanks are getting up spell double cast. .why... ascensions... lol.. again 4 classes :)
  9. Rubick Well-Known Member

Yes, and those combinations could be completed with apprentice level ascensions. Them being part of scripts means absolutely nothing. A fighter kick was part of a script back in Sentinel's Fate, I guess that means it was overpowered too... Listing what the abilities do also means nothing. Watch this. Class abilities and procs have combat mitigation debuffs, can feed power, some classes get a ward, some of them can counter bleed through, plus many more spells. The list can go on.
    They are obviously useful but stop exaggerating and acting like ascensions are where classes begin and end. I am an Etherealist Berserker and they do MAYBE 25% of my zonewide dps (all Expert+). If I was anything other than Etherealist it would be even less. Before I main swapped from a wizard they did about 12-14% of my zonewide dps in heroics (the same or less in raids) and they are almost all at Grandmaster or higher. If Ascensions are the chief factor in defining what you're capable of doing then I have some real bad news about your abilities when it comes to playing this game.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

I finished my popcorn. Is this a good time to unnecessarily compare fiery blast to daggerstorm, and how it impacts our society?
    Kioske likes this.
  11. knine Well-Known Member

Tell me again why your Bezerker is an etherealist lol. Ascensions is the majority now. Combat arts do nothing, autoattack means nothing. I may not be top 5 guild WW and may not be in the top 2% of mystics, however I’m not in the bottom 2% either. For you to even state that ascensions aren’t even close to defining makes me wonder where you fall out. There are a few classes where spells may keep them up there parsing but the ascensions are always near the top for them as well.
  12. Fistpower Well-Known Member

I still dont understand why the damage cap couldn't just be higher.

And as an alternative to how epic poop it is now why not make fiery blast the focus casting equivalent.
  13. Magmag Active Member

In order for me to tell you again I'd have had to tell you a first time. My berserker is an etherealist because I wanted him to be an etherealist. There are far more than "a few" classes that don't rely on ascensions to do the majority of their dps. I personally don't care if ascensions are 50% of a healer's crap-tastic dps. If ascensions define the majority of what you can do then it means you are not good at your class.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. knine Well-Known Member

Never did I say they defined the majority of what I can do.. I simply stated that DB has gone away from 25 classes to a core 4, which are ascensions, because they are P2W.. and I'm kinda not the only person that has leaned that way.. just because your grossly overpowered fighter rune probably blows up your parse doesn't mean ascensions aren't still some of the most overpowered things in the game..
  15. Magmag Active Member

I don't have the fighter rune yet...statement stands. I'll tell you as many times as it takes. If ascensions define what you can do then you are bad. Stop exaggerating or stop sucking.
  16. knine Well-Known Member

lol...
  17. Tru of Guk Member

putting the thread back on track...fiery blast is so bad on TLE that i have unspecced it. It is laughable dmg.
  18. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

It is indeed awfully bad
  19. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

1k dps out of a 220k parse laughable! I think ambidextrous casting beat it!

Edit: Just looked even blade chime from my auto attack beat it.

F.
  20. Rondo9 Active Member

Fiery Blast on live servers is a laughable joke too. does les damage then procs and the CB overcap and Fervor for 12 secons everyone 2.5m is just worthless. Just made a worthless spell into another worthless spell. While Assassins Fatal Follow Up hits for what Wizards Fiery Blast should of, yet its not broken.