Fetching the pail of water.

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Jetkwan, Nov 17, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Jetkwan Guest

I've looked around for the fountain that i am supposed to fetch the water for master makoto (second part of becoming a monk quest) to no avail.

Anyone know what zone this fountain is from and how it is to be done?
  2. ARCHIVED-Aonevm Guest

journal says what zone
  3. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Its in StarCrest. I had to do it 4 times. I walk everywhere, and make sure you walk AND tap the button forward at places like gates, doors, etc. Especially the dojo steps.

I also zoned in gate to gate as soon as possible, I didn't get very close to them.

Good luck.
  4. ARCHIVED-Loneni Guest

/em secretly puts a cover on the pail of water...
  5. ARCHIVED-SomeDudeCRO Guest

Took me 6 tries, not fun :(

Goodluck!
  6. ARCHIVED-DiscipleoftheScarredMoon Guest

how do u dodge the loose floorboard in the silent fist dojo? tried like 4 times always stumble there
  7. ARCHIVED-buggz620 Guest

Hmm I happen to get it on first try after reading this i am not sure how. I musta been extremely lucky.
    When i first got the pale i was just running. When i started to run down the stairs to the bell it said something like you almost tipped the pale but managed to keep the water in. From there on i just nudge the foward button where i would take about three steps at a time. Never had a problem after that. When i had it done i just assumed you couldnt spill it because i ran dam near from the fountain to the bells guess not.
  8. ARCHIVED-T.W.A.I.N Guest

Jump.

Message Edited by T.W.A.I.N on 11-20-2004 07:31 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Narvil Guest

I must have done something right in a previous life.. I got the bucket and went down to take the boat back to Baubleshire and fell in the water. Didn't see any messages so kept on.. fell into the river in Baubleshire got out and continued on.. walked right up to the master and he told me good job.. (you fall in alot while playing EQ drunk)
  10. ARCHIVED-Alp Guest

The stairs at the dojo sucks avoid them;)
  11. ARCHIVED-Kelendryyst Guest

Yeah i got the same message about nearly stumbling on the dojo stairs, but i recovered and made it on my first try.
  12. ARCHIVED-Goris Guest

I think the secret to this quest is patience. I don't think there is any trick other than to keep trying and trying until you get it. I don't know if there is any set amount of times you must attempt it, but most people seem to get it on their 5th try or so.
  13. ARCHIVED-TheSnooch Guest

I did this on the first try. The trick is 'Patience' pure and simple. When you get the pail of water switch to walk mode and walk all the way to the dojo. You must switch back to walk mode <shift-r> everytime you zone because the game defaults back to run mode. When you get to the zone exit doors/bell you must nudge your way to just within reach of being able to zone. Let me say that again...When you get to the zone exit doors you must nudge your way to just within reach of being able to zone and zone from there. Also when you walk up or down stairs you will have to nudge forward to prevent spilling the water especially on the dojo stairs.

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Deebo
  14. ARCHIVED-TheSnooch Guest

Double post..gah
    Message Edited by TheSnooch on 11-27-2004 12:06 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-SuperDoo Guest

I was able to zip through the Down Below without any problems at full speed. Had to go through twice because of that stupid plank on the stairs.
  16. ARCHIVED-healimonster Guest

two questions:

1) do you need a bucket?
    I went to the fountain right click on it and highlighted some message about a bucket of water, and that was it. I dont see a bucket, my quest doesnt say return to master or anything. How do you know if you are doing it?

2) is this quest just for munks?
    I dont want to be a munk I want to be a bruiser, did I click on the wrong thing some where down the line? It seems like I am about to become a munk.
  17. ARCHIVED-Alp Guest

1) no buck
    2)in Qeynos there are only monks (Bruisers are in Freeport only)
  18. ARCHIVED-healimonster Guest

oh crap
    so i would have had to do a betrayal quest to be a bruiser
    thanks
  19. ARCHIVED-Apake Guest

i just ran the whole time, to the fountain, and back, going through the down below, made it on first try with no message at all, i was prepared to have to walk to not spill it or somethin, but never got any messages, i thought that they just didnt have the option of spilling it in the game, but guess it is,lol, must have just got real lucky
  20. ARCHIVED-Lindary Guest

Another easy way to do the quest, even with runspeed, is to go through SQ, to NQ, to Elddar.
    You get an almost spill the water when approching the gate to SQ, but nothing in NQ, and then the step in Elddar.

Back in beta, if you had tried to go to the bells, you would fall every time, and I know I kept dropping it when trying to do the Down Below route.