Fervor

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Glynt, Apr 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glynt Active Member

As a returnee I just want to know if Fervor is still relevant this expac?

Thankyou.
  2. Priority Well-Known Member

Yes
  3. Glynt Active Member

I thought so. So why are the best Fervor rune stuck in the last expac? Very few people want to run their guild friends through old content. Everything bis so gated. There is alot to enjoy in eq2 itemization just isn't one of them. Is the person in charge of runes not enjoying the role , because it's a seriously flawed area of the current xpac. Remember vesspyr island you grouped you gained coin you bought whatever runes you liked. Nice system.
  4. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

My only conclusion is that they have moved towards a RNG system that encourages people to p2w to be raid desirable. And they have given no incentive for people to run anything other than raid zones.
    Dead Alt Account and Dude like this.
  5. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

All of the accomplishments in BoL are a rounding error compared to the blue fervor runes from the last expac. Leveling mounts and familiars, new gear, master spells, red runes...all of it is practically meaningless because having the old fervor runes will boost your character performance by a factor of 30-40X. It's ridiculous. You will grind your fingers to the bone in this expac without those runes. And good luck getting them. Nobody wants to go back and run old content when they already have the gear. This expac is already a broken mess, and these gear carryovers totally ruin it. I only wish Sony didn't sell the game to these idiots at DBG/DPG or whatever they call themselves now.
    Erudinel, Argosunited and Dude like this.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

How many krono would you wager that those runes from last expansion get nerfed?
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

Since it's almost June, I doubt they will do anything to them. Especially considering all of the problems and broken content that needs to be fixed with this shabby expac.

And here's the irony... veteran players (with the runes) got to play this expansion on easy-mode. New and returning players (without the runes) had to slog their way through BoL on hard-mode. Let's also not forget the ridiculous potency requirement just to run a heroic and enjoy the social aspect of the game. It is a MMO after all, but that concept is apparently lost on these developers.
  8. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I agree with the assessment of the runes being BiS and desirable. I believe this has been a root problem for a long time with "special" items/gear/set bonuses/runes that the Devs (well Kander) seemed to address in one of his Kander's Candor episodes.

These things tend to fubar progression/itemization and expacs over time considering how powerful they are; however, they are also the carrot that keeps some people playing. Slowly, they have been phasing them out like set bonuses, etc. I am cautiously hopeful that in the summer eth, or BoL2 - The Dark Side - we see something to the effect of:

1. Make these one time runes obsolete - not my desired outcome
    2. Have accomplishments during the next sig line that grants everyone the runes and gives them an even playing field to group and to develop content - more desirable outcome

Overall, having a game that is fun and engaging is much better than some of these achievement rewards. I hope they strike the best balance, but you cannot please everyone all the time.
  9. Meilay Active Member

2 of the older ferver runes aren't bad to get, IF you have a guild that will host events to go and pick them up. The SOREN rune is a pain to get, but you can use the lesser version from clearing all the T1 x4s in CD as a close second. The Warlord (Rageborn Rune) you can get with heroic currency, and the EMBER rune is flawless and Shorthanded in the CD Firex4 zone, which again isn't terrible if you have a guild that takes care of it's newer members.
    Kittybock, Blazen and Raff like this.
  10. Bentenn Well-Known Member

To group.. these runes are not needed.. at all.. how do i know.. I've run a fair share of toons through heroics with no adornments lol.. will a group always pick you up.. no.. find a good guild.. lots on majdul I see take new comers and what not...

These runes were realistically made for raiders needing to up their numbers, thus they are raid achievements. There is separation for a reason, not to say one is more elite than another, but to actually use the gear accordingly. The ethereal armor is not needed to run heroics being maxxed out from a raid acheivement. You can use the ethereal armor for resolve as it applies in BOL. If you didn't get the ethereal armor, the 145 stuff from the chest will get you through the sig line and get 155/160 from sig line while running zones. The overland clickies can give a 180 neck (RNG, I know), as well as a nice 165 and 175 ring and 165 charm. All of this stuff infused will help you reach numbers for as you stated to run run groups.. IF you want to raid, then yes, and I suspect you can find a raid guild to get into, then they will go back and get that stuff for you as it is needed to raid.

The game does have two distinct play styles and everything can not be applied equally across, because it's simply not needed to be that way. You want to group only then it's feasible without any blue runes, shoot, even without white after you infuse your gear... but infusing gear is a necessity. If you want to complain about something, that is the nail on the head to hit.. infusing...
    Blazen likes this.
  11. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

I don't think you have any idea what the character performance difference is between a character with 100 fervor and 300 fervor. The difference is astonishing. Everything in the game is much easier and faster. This is terrible game design, plain and simple.
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

1 groupable at this point, honestly
  13. Tittle New Member

The solution would have been to make the blue fervor adorns available in current content. These were not last year's summer event that they didn't want to make available. Not having them makes most characters non-competitive for raiding and difficult for heroics. Yeah I know you can still do them, but if you are a DPS class you really need them. If you cant get them through your guild running old content or dont want to spend krono and wait 30 days for a char transfer from IoR, then you better play a support class.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

You can't solo or group your way to either adorn even with BoL gear. You'll still need a lot of help. Just like we did when CD was the current xpac. Currently, many guilds offer this kind of help. Lots of raid alliances are doing it as well.
    Kittybock likes this.
  15. Raff Well-Known Member

Cause we earned the runes in CD?

Have never really understood why some people seem to think that new and returning players should have immediate access to the BIS items from the previous expac?

In BoL gear / resolve / potency, both items can be had a by a few less players than the full raids that CD required...but they should still require some work. And there are ways for them to be acquired...just requires running old content.
  16. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

Those runes were to help you with higher-level raid content in CD. Are you suggesting it was intentional to have them carryover to BoL?

What was it like? Did you enjoy BoL on easy-mode? Did you actually earn anything in BoL since you played it on easy-mode?
  17. Raff Well-Known Member

Epic weapons and spells have always carried over. Old raid gear as well. Not sure what your point is. Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed BoL and am still enjoying it. Did I learn anything? Hell if I know....not something I aspire to in a "video game"...its frickin entertainment. I don't go to a movie to learn things. I go to be entertained and leave important stuff behind for awhile.

You should try it sometime. Instead of haunting the forums of video games you no longer play.
  18. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

Earn, not learn, Easymode. Perhaps you need new glasses.
    And I'm still playing.
  19. Blazen Active Member

The old adornments were earned by a committed player base. Why should they be taken? If you feel so entitled... My question to you is, Does mommy still cut the crust off your PB & J sandwiches?
    Kaldrun and Raff like this.
  20. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

Both you and Raff need to have your head examined (you must be sharing one). Who said I didn't have the runes? You both stupidly jump to conclusions, likely because, well, you know.....

I ran an alt through the sig line without the runes. Give it a try. The difference between having them and not having them is insane. You wouldn't know that because you selfishly cannot see how bad this is for the health of the game in terms of keeping returning players. Perhaps that is why many of the returning players that came back due to the lockdown are leaving. That, and the ridiculously high potency requirements for heroics, and people like you in game.

My mom's dead, but I'll cut the crust off your PBJ's since you like them that way.
    Kvappe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.