Feedbacks for new "Contested" Highkeep...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tyrus Dracofire, Apr 29, 2014.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I was responding to the point that it was made 'for leveling'.

Since we all agree it is impossible in solo quested gear, it was not made 'for leveling' for normal people.

My sig is not my main character, I can't commit the kind of time it takes to run a tank.

As for people that 'have a regular group' and can 'work their way through ' dealing with wipes, of course they can get further. That isn't were most people are IMO.
  2. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

The only person to suggest these were made for leveling is the OP. I don't think anyone in their right mind would think this zone is intended for leveling. Quite the opposite considering mass pulling is not only discouraged, it's practically impossible. It is designed for people who are already 95 and lies at the upper end of heroic content. There are also a couple contested raid names, but not having killed them yet I have no idea what they require gear wise. I'm sorry you're disappointed that it's not a snoozefest like SoS or fabled Clefts where basically one decent group can keep the entire zone locked down.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I'm not disappointed, I knew I would not see the inside of it this expansion. Still haven't found a group for the heroic zones, or one that can succeed at them anyway. You wouldn't understand that coming from a top raid guild I know. I didn't get in to SoS or clefts because the top raid guild on our server always had them completely cleared.

I was just pointing out that it isn't for leveling. No one I know on my server can survive in there.
  4. Malleria Well-Known Member

Oh forget it, apparently it's all being fixed and they just posted about it in some other thread. Carry on!
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

until the hotfix (I would guess tomorrow) there is a mob with an attack that hits insanely hard, take a coercer/druid in there and charm 2 of the mobs and steamroll everything.
    pets don't get the undead army debuff so they might actually tank stuff better then some tanks.

the loot is pretty underwhelming for the time spent to even get to some names, since the trash is really the hard pieces of the zone.
    the groups I went in yesterday were all nice raider groups with guildies of mine.
    you can pull 3-4 mobs and usually live just fine, but it has to be a prepared pull, like you have to go into the fight knowing you are pulling that many. if you are just fighting and get a surprise 3 groups of mobs you will probably die
  6. Mae- Well-Known Member

Dev's might want to check the damage on charmed Shadowlords.... I haven't been in the zone yet, but hearing reports that it's a little (ok alot) excessive.
  7. Jrel Well-Known Member

These are spot on (my tweaks in green parenthesis):

Malleria:
    "Assist (social aggro) range should be lowered. Walls/floors need to be made completely solid, too many aoes are going through them and agroing mobs above/below/out of the room and causing a wipe. Also, some spells/procs need to have their radius' seriously reduced. Had a few incidents tonight of the coercer's pet casting an aoe mez and pulling entire floors because the radius is stupidly big."

Glassjaw:
    "This zone is meant to be a challenge for anyone willing and able (able being the important part). The problem with that is that it usually means well geared. The additional problem is that well geared means raid geared (not totally but definitely towards VD level), then factor in the loot rewards (501 stamina fabled)(item quality that is lower than what you would wear to succeed in the zone) and you have a recipe for a zone where people who could actually benefit from the gear can't access it and people who can access it don't need it."

There are at least two areas (I have memorized) where social aggro from the mobs go through the floor, walls, and ceiling, all at the same time, making a 1 encounter fight turn into a 4+ encounter fight in a few seconds, even though it should only be 1 encounter.

That being said (out of 20 name drops and 2 epicx2 drops), I think I have seen 3 tank items that are great. Everything else has been "What is this?" "Why is this in here?" "No one would use this" and "More alt loot"
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

Honestly, if you haven't managed to find a group to go in any of the heroic zones 5 months into the expansion, then I'm dumbfounded as to why. The amount of undergeared characters I've dragged through these zones is huge. You blatantly don't try. Form a group, as spamming LFG is the slowest way.

Even with none of the gear, you can be carried through all but Dominion by just a few people.

I have no raid gear, I don't have many friends or guildmates online to have consistent grouping with the same people, and I've done all the heroic zones enough to be fully potent geared out on 6 characters, fully gemmed out on 4 of them, and most of the gear on another 2 (but no gems).

And I play off peak for short periods of time....
    Mermut and Wirewhisker like this.
  9. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Maybe I should have said "a couple of days". :rolleyes:
  10. Deago Well-Known Member

Leave charms alone...boost kenny's ward to around 250k and we are good.

Thank you
    Warden

:p
  11. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Wouldn't understand what? What is that supposed to mean? I spend most of my time in this game pugging heroics, and plenty of that is spent on alts who haven't a single piece of raid gear (because, you know, I can actually get groups because people - for whatever crazy reason - seem to like me). I've spent years in casual guilds. My alts don't get magically buffed just because I happen to have one in Equilibrium. All you do is make excuses and blame the big bad raiders for spoiling all your fun. Have you considered perhaps that it isn't that people aren't grouping, it's that they aren't grouping with you specifically? You spend a fair amount of your time on these forums hating on various parts of the player base, I can only imagine how bad you are in-game.

On topic, it looks like the fixes going in will make this zone what it was intended to be. Less social aggro will make this zone a lot easier to run, since the trash basically has no health anyway. Whether the loot is worth it, is a decent question. I may be in a minority, and may be somewhat masochistic, but I actually enjoy this zone.
    Regolas likes this.
  12. Daray Well-Known Member

I joined a random pickup group in there yesterday that was advertised and formed fully via channels (just an assortment of random people from random guilds) - unusual for me because I have avoided pugs for over 2 years. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised though - I even managed to work with them to get the x2 at the very bottom dead. No charm shenanigans btw.
    Regolas likes this.
  13. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Did 2 PUGs so far for this zone. They were surprisingly successful as well. One had a bard + chanter, and one group had just a bard. Both groups did just fine getting to the bottom of the HK area just before transitioning to Pickclaw. We did the x2 Hound encounter as well in one group. There are some interesting named mechanics.. the 'bond' ability that some mobs cast... is it they heal if damaged? or if the target they are attacking is healed, they get healed? It seemed that if we interrupted that ability the encounters were much easier.