{Feedback} I Wish...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mercychalice, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

That once inside of PQ or raid zones, anything unnecessary to the zone could be suspended. Keep professional pets, by all means: summoner pets, mystic/defiler pets, ranger, sk, and BL pets, and any pets summoned by profession spells that are temporary, like brig's servants or any other dumbfire pets. But once that PQ circle goes up, or the raid zone has been entered, suspend familiars, pack animals, mercenaries, and any fluff pets like goos, books, or snowmen or whatever else people have following them. (I once counted on one person running through town one day 12 summoned things following them, none of which had an actual purpose, aside from their pack animal.) All of those just add to things that must be rendered, and things that animate and change location with every movement, and therefore contribute to lag. I think these areas where people gather densely together could be relieved just a bit if there were an "activated suspension" zone, especially for events like PQs.
    Tkia, Breanna and Almee like this.
  2. Nazy Well-Known Member

You can /pet hide to hide your pet(s). It won't hide combat pets, only cosmetic/familiars. Whenever my group runs a dungeon, everyone hides their cosmetic pets. This allows us the keep the pet buffs while not adding to the lag.
    Hartsmith, Triad and Almee like this.
  3. Almee Well-Known Member

I tried to use one of the loyalty merchants, the other day, and someone with a bazillion pets had the area blocked off so I couldn't target the NPC. I'm not sure why anyone would want to drag that many pets around a city or anywhere else for that matter except maybe their house.
    Breanna and Nazy like this.
  4. Nazy Well-Known Member

My favorite is when you can't access the bell in Freeport because someone with a huge mount is standing right in top of the bell.
    AOE1, Triad and Almee like this.
  5. Melkior Well-Known Member

That's why I've had mounts hidden for years.
    Tkia, Argosunited, Almee and 2 others like this.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

My pets (and mounts) are constantly hidden. I want to hide (generalized) YOUR pets, mercs, familiars, fluffs, etc. :rolleyes:
    Hartsmith, Breanna, Nazy and 2 others like this.
  7. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Yeah the issue is the incredibly lazy, selfish people turning up to a PQ with 100 other people, and bringing along their merc, deity pet, familiar, pack pony and zelniak for everyone to admire at 1 fps.

It was much worse during the dragon event though. I've only seen one or two zone crashes so far in NoTD.
    Breanna and Nazy like this.
  8. Nazy Well-Known Member

A quick fix to this problem would be /pet hide applies to other people's zillion little annoying friends. If you had searched, you would find many other people want this too.

Some raids make it mandatory to have /pet hide. From what I understand, the OP wants pets hidden for raids. Make /pet hide mandatory for your raid.
    Triad likes this.
  9. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

not just raids, PQs too.