Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Mercychalice, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Could his list please be extended so that I may have the option to choose which familiar set to fulfill? Day after day, I'm wearing out my mouse and my patience, hail, accept, delete...hail, accept, delete...I've counted as high as 45 attempts to find something in this expansion (of which there are only 4 btw...very narrow list). I really, for time's sake as well as my poor mouse's click life, would very much rather be able to weed through (even if it's a very long list) a list of familiars from which to choose. IMO it would be a quality of game change.
    Juraiya, Cassta, Snikkety and 4 others like this.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

I'm giving it a 70% chance that the "fix" to this is for you to always have to do the first one that pops up, just watch...
    Cassta likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I usually put on my crafting gear, unequip my primary/secondary/ranged, then since this is my mage, use Absorb Magic or a root, or a Troll Snot Flinger to aggro stuff that's lower level. If you're hunting really low levels, also chronomage down.
    Cassta likes this.
  4. Benj Well-Known Member

I chrono-mentor down to a lower level, then find creatures of that level that are aggro. For example, level 15 bears in Antonica or level 35 bats in Enchanted Lands.

Maybe I shouldn't have given away my hunting grounds...
    Hartsmith and Cassta like this.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I used to do that, but Chronomentoring every day on multiple toons is taxing, and often times I forget to do things, like turn my familiar or zelniak back on. Plus, it messes with some of my buffs, and when I'm trying to get stuff done, I might not notice that my raid toon just got messed up and has to reset her aa to fix some buff that didn't scale right. I'd rather just have the option to pick the familiar quest, and go from there, and the idea is friendly towards every tier and every expansion.
  6. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I have a set handful of locations to complete Familiars Wild:

Bears (Everfrost)
    Canines (Everfrost)
    Feline (Plane of Magic panthers)
    Insects (Lavastorm crabs)
    Rodents (Plane of Magic moles)

Make sure you disable proc buffs and facing away from mobs may help.
  7. Drak New Member

They could just make it a daily overseer quest and do away with the main one would make scaling easy.
    Taka likes this.
  8. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Just did Familiars Wild for the very first time on two of my characters that were still only levels 12 & 13. Despite having unsummoned pets and mercs, the creatures kept dying. After reviewing the Combat Chat entries, I saw that my succulent totem was proving to be lethal, LOL.

Because I wanted to save steps by placing one character on follow, I did delete a lot of times in order to get the same one on both, but I'm not sure I really saved time. Being that I am unfamiliar with doing this quest, what is the benefit or purpose of deleting quests to get the one you want? Do you get different familiars depending on the type you captured?
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

At max level for toons who cant get aggro without one-shotting the mob, it is desirable to get a familiar target that is aggro in BoL (reptiles, insects, cats, boars).

You get a random familiar from the available season 7 pool
    Mercychalice likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Disarm your weapons. If you have any gear that has a proc effect, remove it also. If the mob is aggro, just walk up to it until it notices you then capture. If it's grey, then either use a non-damaging spell, such as a root or snare, a tinkered Trollsnot Flinger, or simply barehanded punch it in the nose (this last only works if you aren't dozens of tiers higher).
    Hartsmith likes this.
  11. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

This does not work for a couple of my toons. Even taking off all my gear, and removing all my buffs, until I'm naked as the day I was created, I can still kill these things in one hit. It is much simpler to just find something that I can aggro by walking past.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

I have a "naked" gear set for my higher level characters. It does just that, strips all my gear including weapons. Then I either punch things (sometimes too hard on my fighters) or cast a no damage spell to get gray mobs agro. It's not that bad, at least not in my experience.

I do try to make sure it's things that won't evaporate when I look at them, but my most important consideration is "how quick can I get to this mob & are there a lot of them around?" I tend to do a lot of dire, insect, aquatic, & mystical.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I generally root creatures to aggro them. Sometimes I use a Troll Snot Flinger.
    Finora and Breanna like this.