Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Mercychalice, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Please, could the Diaku gatebiter war boars and other similar models be classified as boars? I mean, some of them (lower levels) are literally labelled boar and don't count as such.
    Rosyposy, Cusashorn and Breanna like this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I feel like the Bovine and Boar requirements are the absolute hardest ones to actually fulfill just due to the sheer lack of creatures that qualify. As a monk who's taunts do damage, I have to find creatures that are automatically agressive or otherwise won't die in one hit, and I have to keep deleting the quest over and over again until I get something like reptiles, canines, or bears.

There's also a massive number of aquatic creatures (octopi, barracudas, pirahna, etc) who do not count as aquatic creatures.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Marae Well-Known Member

I totally agree about Boar. I routinely drop that one. But there are quite a few "bovines," at least at the lower levels (I know that doesn't help you, Cusashorn, but it might help others). They are deer. And while it's true that cattle and deer are related - both are even-toed hoofed mammals - they belong to two different families.

That could possibly be forgiven, since the creatures are similar and we probably don't need a separate quest for each one, but it is confusing. Some of their other classifications defy logic: You mentioned any number of aquatic creatures that don't count as such. And there is at least one classification that is just plain wrong. I am referring to turtles.

Turtles are classified as amphibians in EQ2. But real turtles are reptiles, not amphibians. I don't expect taxonomic perfection - it is a game, after all - but that's stretching it. Reptiles and amphibians are different classes - it's like saying that bats, which are mammals, are birds, or that whales are fish. Yes, in the medieval mindset things might be classified that way, and it's easy enough to RP that mentality, but I wonder how many people out there are now thinking that turtles are amphibians in Real Life because they learned it that way in EQ2? One hopes none, but if you do the quest daily (especially on multiple characters), even if you know better, it's easy for your brain to get in the wrong habit.

I've been wanting to vent about that for a long time. Thanks for giving me the excuse. ;)
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Camels and antelope count, also, and there are enough of them in Sinking Sands and Pillars of Flame to easily get the ones you need. Best of all, from a high-level character's perspective, you can kill the camel herder and about three camels come to you to be trapped. Just unequip your weapons and any proccing familiars!
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

deer in cobalt scar are also bovids
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

A better solution IMO would be to just extend the list of options where we could choose which mob we wish to fulfill instead of standing there 10 minutes cycling through quests looking for one that applies both to current level or expansion.
    Kuulei and Daryx like this.
  7. Daryx Well-Known Member

Here, here! It is frustrating to see what appear to be bats for instance in Detroxxulous that aren't. And to get insects, go over to the coast there, and the swarms work as insects, but one island over the vespid-type creatures that sure look like wasps are not insects. Mystical and enchanted I have not seen past Plane of Magic, and the highest-level dire I can find is the devourers in Obulus Frontier. If you have more than one character, it gets to be a nuisance, haha!
  8. Eahlstar New Member

According to the update on Aug 25, Diaku Gatebiters now count as Boars for the Familiars Wild Quest, unfortunately they don't I just tried it and couldn't capture them.
  9. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Why not delete and get new quest till you get a mob thats quick to find? I just wait till i get reptile, cat or insect. 3 really easy current content mobs to satisfy the quest.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

That update isn't live until tomorrow. Try it again after the update is live.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  11. Mezaka Active Member

Noticed a weird bug the past few days.......I got the 'bats' quest three days in a row, so I hopped over to Enchanted Lands. The npc seagulls around the docks have the little bag icon on them classifying them as 'bats.' Sea-rats with wings, I could understand, but bats?

Minor issue I know, but I was rather amused by it.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.