Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I read about the new familiar leveling with excitement, but the method currently used on Test is going to confuse a LOT of people. When you right-click a familiar in your inventory, you have the popup options to add it to your collection or examine it. You then have to examine it to have the popup come up with the option to use it to level your current familiar.

I'm worried that many folks aren't going to think to examine it, and will try to add it to their collection, hoping to do the leveling from there.

Would it be possible to have that first popup window have options for: add to collection, examine (a standard examine window), use to level your current familiar. They could then select that leveling option and get the confirmation/warning popup, etc.

It will still require the same number of clicks for the player, but it might help players who don't read the DBG site much figure out that they have a new option. :D
    Cheallaigh, Finora, Quillyne and 3 others like this.
  2. Kahling Member

God yeah you would just end up adding it to your collection and then not being able to use it to upgrade.

I am glad I read this just in case this change doesn't happen. I will warn my guild.

Right click, use to level current familiar is needed there for sure.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

That's exactly my worry {nod}
  4. Fedd New Member

(sigh) Why me. I cannot see anything about leveling a familiar when I right click on a familiar in inventory. All I get is the standard examine window. I use Profit UI, but have reverted to default UI and tried that also. Same results. no leveling interface at all. Any iudeas on what I am not doing right this time?
  5. Mejulie New Member

One this that comes to mind is, do you have the familiar that you want to level casted? If you do, should be getting two options, add to collection and examine. Try zoning/camping to self after taking off profitUI. /fingers crossed for a quick fix for you
  6. Fedd New Member

Hi Mejulie.. yes its cast, i get the 2 options. Examine and add to collection. Selecting EXAMINE i get the standard examine window... thats it. no option to level my current familiar or anything else.
  7. Fedd New Member

UPDATE. with the familiar NOT cast, right clicking on the familiar in inventory yields a pop up with " Would you like to consume......) and a warning that I must have a familiar cast. SO I cast it. AND WITH NO APPEARENCE MOD the proper dialog for leveling appears. Thanks for pointing me down that particular path.
    Mejulie and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Ibukia Member

Here's a bug. I'm on the first quest in Innovation and am up to the part after you get the code and open the doors to Meldrath's Workshop. Got that done and at this point I realize I've used all my emds and don't have mats to make more. So I leave, harvest what I need, return, make the emds, run to the entrance to the workshop but the doors are now closed and I cannot get in. The console is still activated from before but I can't click/unclick any of them. Tried running around to the broken bots again with hackbot but that didn't work. So whatever you do, make sure you have all the mats you need and do not zone out until you are finished or you'll need to do the whole thing over again.

Also the bots I previously killed with the emds are pathing around dead. Still dead and non aggro but moving around.
    Pixistik likes this.
  9. Ibukia Member

Also, and this is just nitpick for test, on a newly 100/100 toon without harvest gear, I'm spending like half my time harvesting.
  10. Ibukia Member

No idea why those posts showed up in this thread. Posted in the other one. Lol I can't do anything right
    Pixistik likes this.
  11. girney Active Member

leveling the familiars was an epic fail as far as letting us know how to do it. finally found this thread or i would still be wondering how