Feedback #2: Berserker

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by ImTank, May 24, 2015.

1. Healious Active Member

You can definitely tell the difference post nerf, mass pulling in Oss Contested. Still doable, but noticeable. Simpler to use my Monk really. Especially with a weaker Healer. Don't play a SK, so all I will say is that Adrenline uses a lot of mana, so it may be a factor if ya have little or no regen in the group.
  2. Talathionwins Active Member

What is the point? Our "niche" was fighting a lot of mobs. However we really suck when we fight 1 big boss. However an SK for example loses NOTHING fighting 1v1. The skills are broken, if they are going to stay nerfed they need to be changed, so they are just as powerful healing 1v1 then they are healing 1vs100.
  3. Genghes Active Member

Every high end raiding zerker I know has 0 issues after this minor tweak. If you're having issues as a zerker then maybe it's time to reevaluate your gear choices and aa build.
    Mahgnus likes this.
  4. Mahgnus Member

Its not even worth responding to Talathon, hes been a troll since day one. The slightest even mention of a change to just about anything opens his flood gates of tears.
    Genghes likes this.
  5. ImTank New Member

It's not true. I'm a raiding zerker. How did "minor tweak" influence on raids? My hps fell by up to 40% in raids (>2.5kk hp, 20k miti solo). For example, after nerf zerker can't heal itself with Battle Frenzy while pulling trash mobs in Zavith'loa.
  6. Mahgnus Member

Lol 40 % he says.

My SK lifetaps are healing me for 500% more now since the global change to abilities that have the chance to proc hundreds of times a second. Oh wait, nm; I just pulled that number out of my *** as well.

Randomly claiming anything without providing some data to backup your claim that X is broken or X is affected by Y change doesn't help your cause. Sry if I don't trust your "gut" feeling.

I've not experienced a drop in HPS on my Zerk nor has my guilds raid Zerk in any encounter that isn't a 20+ mob Oss Contested pull. Excluding the teary eyed troll of course, this appears to be consistent with many posts in this thread and the previous one

Name a fight, Ill post before and after data backing up my claim.
  7. Regolas Well-Known Member

Well, my zerk is still my favourite tank and has been since SF when I made him. Loved playing him in DoV too when zerks were #6 tank.

I don't really pull enough mobs for this change to make a difference, due to lag/old computer. I'll pull 4-20 mobs at a time maybe, but not 50-100, although I tried a few times in fabled ToV era dungeons. I genuinely think pulling that many is overpowering, although kinda cool.
  8. ImTank New Member

Of course, SK can't absorb billions of hits per second using its abilities such as Divine Aura and Dark Knight's Fury. But wait, SK can! SK abilites provide absolute invulnerability, let's nerf them! Divine Aura will trigger only 2 times per second and Dark Knight's Fury will trigger only 5 times per second. It will be fair.
  9. Darksavanna Active Member

You better put the pallys in that same boat. The warriors dragoon reflexes and the monk tsunami all need the same nerf. Let's make it real fair the plate tanks MUST all use shields in order to tank now. I mean let's get the wheels going on this Nerf train.
  10. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I believe his point was that reactive healing isnt more powerful then 100% avoid. Wich is true for the Battle Frenzy temp, but the passive Blood Rage was kinda OP. Atleast in last xpac. Not playing zerk this xpac.
    But Divine Aura is complete garbage. All the hits that you want to avoid hit right thru it anyway.
  11. Boli Active Member

DA isn't garbage - it just needs to be used correctly. Either for swarm trash on a long recast or in conjunction with other defensive abilities (such as damage reduction)

The same is true for Berserker abilities - clicking and thinking "right I'm immune to everything now even without a shield and in offensive stance" it isn't going to work all the time. you still have to learn the encounters and which of your abilities work in which circumstance.
    Schrek likes this.
  12. Bratman Member

13. Mahgnus Member

DA is a unreliable temp that will not save you through any raid content that casts ancient devastation/barrage. Any time I cast it I immediately ask for a death save. The Draconic Shout combo with DA has lost effectiveness b/c its not even close to the 25% increase to HP anymore with so many %HP items. Being forced to cast additional abilities in conjunction with what should be one of our most important temps is just fundamentally wrong. On raid content that DA will actually take effect its really not needed b/c the content is trivial.

DA is number 1 on my list flaws for Crusaders and its been underwhelming since day 1 in KoS. Compare DA to other abilities such as Dargoon's Reflexes that stops all auto dmg for 20 seconds, DA is severally lacking and found wanting.

Got it, check, roger you make the best out of the tools you've been giving. Thats the mentality any crusader worth their salt must deal with on a daily basis but just b/c we've been forced to deal with any ability that is grossly out of tune for so long doesn't make it overly effective at its primary role.
  14. Genghes Active Member

The only way I can think of to make DA work is to have a massive hp pool
  15. Boli Active Member

Massive HP works to a point - but I mainly used it as a damage reduction when in raids (although not been raiding in over 2 years the auto-attack damage was often well over the 50% barrier and I guess that hasn't changed).

Throw it on before a big AoE incoming and it allows you to "save up" the ward as riposte/damage shield/reflect - so when the AoE hits you are more likely to have a decent sized ward on you (its not much I'll grant you) - stacked with a damage reduction as well (which as a pally I used to defend against these red messages) it might not be able to block the red text but *some* (not all) of the subsequent autoattacks were often pushed down below the 50% threshold.

Its not perfect... it never was; but its one of those abilities which if it was significantly improved (such as removing the 50% HP threshold) it can suddenly become a "bit too powerful" as it is a flat stoneskin unlike dragoon's reflexes which is autoattack only so removing the "can't cast much" from it won't matter so much.

Now if Divine Aura was AA-enhanced to something like

Reduces all damage to 0 (if under 50% health)
    Reduces all damage to 0 (if over 50% health)
    - The spell immediately ends
    - This will trigger after other stoneskin abilities
    - Caster will dodge all incoming attacks for 1 second

Now *that's something I could get behind :) Especially if there was say "crusader flavor" such as:

Whilst Divine Aura is Active:
    * Demonstration of Faith will cast a 2 trigger stoneskin which lasts for 8 seconds
    - If Paladin
    * Group is Healed for 5% max health instantly and every 4 seconds
    - If Paladin

* Unholy Blessing will increase the caster's Potency by 500% of its base value for 3 seconds
    - If Shadowknight
    * Group gains 10% damage reduction for the entire duration.
    - If Shadowknight
  16. Adegx Active Member

Speaking as a high end raiding zerker. We are still fine. Agro is still an issue at times, and i feel we lost some of our niche as an aoe tank, but we are more than just "fine." We are still in a really good place.
    Mahgnus likes this.
  17. Schrek New Member

I agree there. my zerker is an agro demon, and most often times, i am the last man standing in a raid wipe. running through any AoM zone, i can pull dozens of mobs without worry of dying immediately. And dps wise, i am usually doing double the dps of any other tank class(including monk/bruiser)in the same raid, and i am easier to heal than they are. Obviously, or i wouldn't be last man standing
  18. Amaitae Active Member

Full ack. Revert these half ***** changes asap.
  19. ImTank New Member

Thanks daybreak, I stopped playing EverQuest 2 completely a year ago (I have been a subscriber of this game since 2006), because the concept of my favorite character was spoiled. If you have decided to kill with your own hands one of the best MMORPG ever made, you are on the right way.

Also, last DLCs were trash for money pumping, the game which is called EverQuest has become not about adventures and quests, but about grind and farm. Elements that used to be of value in the game, such as AA number or high-level crafting profession has ceased to be of value. I propose to rename the game to EverGrind or EverFarm. It will be fair to the people who play this game.
  20. Genghes Active Member

If you stopped playing a year ago why would you invest the time to post a comment?
    Meneltel likes this.