Feb's Faerie Realm - Felwithe Portal - Thurgadin

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Febrith, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Febrith Well-Known Member

Hi all
    I finally got around to finishing my Felwithe home which has been a non-starter for aaaaaages. I hope you can stop by and that you enjoy your visit. Its owned by Febricea and is in South Qeynos:)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Kind regards
    Febs
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Oh Febs it looks beautiful!
    Febrith and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Spirit Active Member

I have been in hiding but had to peek at this one , another beautiful garden in the hardest house to decorate ( not a single straight or un-tilted wall in the whole place.) Grats on a great job again Feb :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Febrith like this.
  4. Febrith Well-Known Member

Thanks you two - I appreciate your visit:)
    Don't worry Spirit - no need to hide, you didn't break my PC yet:)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is it true what they say about Brits, that you all (or at least, a lot) have the gardening bug? Or is it just you, Feb? :D

I totally agree, lovely place! :)

Uwk
    Febrith likes this.
  6. Febrith Well-Known Member

Lol maybe it's because most of us only have comparatively tiny plots that we do try and make the most of them (compared to your American "back yards" - which expression to me means just enough space to hang a washing line if you're lucky, but to you is half an acre of garden! /soooo envious!)
  7. Ethini Well-Known Member

That's only suburban and rural homes, most urban American homes are on postage stamp sized lots
  8. Febrith Well-Known Member

Aaah same as here then Ethini, and yes Puss I think we do love our gardens here - by way of my leisure time it's where you'll find me if I'm not on EQ or baking in the kitchen:)
  9. Ethini Well-Known Member

I'm on a half an acre...of dirt....in the desert.
    I miss my postage stamp yard, and my roses, and flowering plum trees, and, and and... :D
  10. Karamella Well-Known Member

Oh well, today I got to visit that wonderful home with lots of flowers and mushrooms (I love that Talumbra mushrooms) and small waterfalls myself.Those colors and even the music of Kelethin nursery (I think it is that one) makes you to wander around for ages (Faes and Elves have plenty of time :D)
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Small waterfalls? Did you make those yourself, Feb, or are those the ones that are part of the scenery? :)

Uwk
    who really ought to visit in person and just stop drooling at the pix :D
    Febrith likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Also depends on where; yeah, in the Midwest, what they call a "lawn" actually requires a mini-tractor to take care of. And then there's the backyard, yeah... :-/

Must be nice to have such cheap real estate prices and so much precipitation. ;->

Uwk
    Febrith likes this.
  13. Febrith Well-Known Member

I made a couple of wee extras:)
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, cool, now I have to see it in person...I keep meaning to get a project done that I've been thinking hard about (and trying to collect bits for it here and there) for way too long, and part of it involves trying to re-create Victoria Falls. :-/

So, yeah, I'm gonna need some pro tips. :D

Uwk
    Febrith likes this.
  15. Spirit Active Member

Victoria falls is for beginners Uwkete , real decorators start by modeling Angel Falls in Venezuela , there's nothing like a 3212 foot drop to add a little drama to the rolling out of your cat house early in the morning.
    Actually , when you get it done , I would love to see it.:)
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Bleargh...that's what I get for admitting it... :-/

What my concept is/was, I'd gone over to Amazon.com for a Jimmy Buffett craving one day, and found the album Beach House on the Moon. As a child, I'd been snookered by titles that I found really misleading ("What do you mean, 3 Days of the Condor isn't about really big endangered vultures?! False advertising!"), so I was a bit cynical about the whole thing...before I realized that Jimmy himself is a HUGE fan of exploration in general and the space program in particular. :D

So, I was gonna do (and still may) a series of linked houses, starting with the 2-room Gorowyn place and continuing on to a line of prestige houses for the various verses and choruses of the title song. Among the very first are:

"Past the falls they call Victoria
    Down the river named the Nile
    Drifts a tiny little hand-made boat
    It's shaped just like a smile..."

and the first room will open out, theoretically, on at least a representation of the Falls (which were once thought to be the source of the Nile; not actually true, but that was the old theory, and it's a very pretty one indeed), leading to a river, all under bright day skies (the reskin would be all Cloudy Squares, with a dome of them overhead). This will seemingly flow towards a pyramid (the Kelethin pentagon-shaped door, just the upper triangle bit) and continues on the other side to a land of sand dunes and trader tents, under the stars (Starry Squares). The river would continue to flow "out" to the first of the prestige houses, following the song's lyrics. :)

Uwk
    who has the Mistmoore Crags, the Vale of Halfpint Delight, and of course, the Personal Planetarium for various ideas...

P.S. I think the "Cameron" in question in the song is the son of his age, probably a young kid with an older dad situation. Very cute ballad. :) --U.

P.P.S. And no, I'm not gonna get as fancy as the video I have the link to; it's just so y'all can hear what I'm taking about. Awesome song. :) --U.
  17. Febrith Well-Known Member

Oh-kaaaay well there's no point in going to my house for inspiration for this then LOL - mine are like water features you might have in your garden - I LOVE your idea though and like Spirit, I'd love to see it. If you decide to do it on your Thurgadin character shout me if you need any help with materials/items etc
  18. Spirit Active Member

Now I get it ! I was going about the whole idea wrong , the story tells me why you wish to do it but i don't know how you can unless you get a property with a nice sized waterfall to begin with.( or stack endless sheets of water tiles mixed with the mist ones , hmmm , that may work , Feb go build a waterfall and let us know how it comes out !! Yay Feb ! go Feb go ! This will be a first on all servers i think if she can pull it off ! Cross your.......... uuummmm ..............paws Uwk. ( it needs to be almost 2 kilometres wide.)
  19. Febrith Well-Known Member

Err yeh - no, not I, I'm strictly small fry:) If anyone could pull it off, you could Spirit :)
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, it's on Thurgadin, where I finally have a level 100 Carpy, but I don't have all the faction books or all the exclusive house building block sets yet (I've got the KA one, and that may be it...). I am SO glad we're finally getting a lot of the special faction recipe books on the guild hall craft trainers! :D

Thanks for the offer! I may wind up taking you up on that, but first, the HHE18... :-/

Uwk
    waiting for the Bristlebane's Day recipes, too, and doing what's possible at the moment... ;)