Feb's 221B Baker Street - Gorowyn Magical Manor - Thurgadin

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Febrith, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Febrith Well-Known Member

Hi all
    Ever since I was a kid watching the incomparable Jeremy Brett as Holmes, I've loved the Sherlock stories, Even though I've seen them a dozen times and the stories are so familiar to me Cumberbatch, Robert Downey Junior and Jonny Lee Miller have all managed to make them seem fresh and new. So I thought I'd mess about with a Victorian-style Baker Street home which I hope you can visit and enjoy - owned by Febatrix or under large homes newly published. Here's some pics:-

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Kenana, Xalandra, elflover and 5 others like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

3. Karamella Well-Known Member

That home looks wonderful. When it comes to colours, Feb and I seem to have the same likings ;)

Feb, you might want to take a look at Yasciil's home in the lower tennements (Thurgadin), and you know what I mean :)
  4. Febrith Well-Known Member

That's really sweet Kara, I don't think I've been in a Lower Tenements before, it seems so big with all the extra rooms you put in!:)
  5. Karamella Well-Known Member

Thanks Feb :) It's so much fun to me to divide the rooms, put up new ceilings and make the rooms small and cozy esp. for my little chars. Halflings don't like tall rooms :D
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Showed the pics to Da Spouse, whose immediate response was, "Where are the bullet holes? He likes to use the mantelpiece for target practice." But then again, Da Spouse played WoW for years, where we had guns... ;->

"It's a little tricky to replicate bullet holes, dear, but we do have arrows, bows, and things that look like darts as house items...not quite at the Age of Gun Powder yet." ;->

Uwk
    Kenana, Febrith and Breanna like this.
  7. Ritual Active Member

Time for Ratbill to step up and do another spontaneous video for those of us who refuse spend 11 hours loading server files. This place reminds me of where Sherlock Holmes lived.
    I see someone made it deep within the earth to but some very expensive tiles for decorating.
  8. Febrith Well-Known Member

There is a distinct lack of bullet holes, and a deerstalker - I've tipped off Jerry that we also need a violin, and a pipe in the game (hint hint) - trying to make a pipe out of one of those Captain's serving horns wasn't my finest hour LOL
    Kenana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Febrith Well-Known Member

It is where Sherlock Holmes lived:p

Yeh Bougie's a very busy little rat and I don't like to bother him. You know you can always have separate installs for US and EU servers - that's what I do - mind you, I travel around a lot and you probably don't feel the need to or have time constraints because you have a real life lol - but you're missing out on some wonderful decorators on Thurgadin (Shariseya, Sheena, Karamella, Crazyapples, Ratbill, Cromstein, Synosha, Leomia, Twine, Koko, Angelique, Aldright etc etc - the list goes on and on!) If you decide to take a day trip to foreign soil I'll put the kettle on - and Shanette is making cupcakes in the GH (yes she has an alt here and she's not a bad cook as it goes:)
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And Ratta, and Quiarrah, and... :D

Come on over to the Thurgadin side of the Force, and you can get another 7 free character slots... ;->

Uwk
    Kenana likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We have a violin and bow (separate, though they can be bundled), but they're fairly pricey Appearance weapons in the Marketplace. You'd either have to get them for an Actor or bury a mannequin in a wall or something. ;->

Ooh! I just thought of a reason why we wouldn't have pipes: apparently smoking, or depicting it, is eeeeeevil. But! The old-fashioned (dare I say, Victorian) hearing aid horn things certainly bore a striking resemblance to pipes... :D

Uwk
    Kenana likes this.
  12. Febrith Well-Known Member

Aaah yes ofc though tbh I don't think of you two as Thurgadin natives as such what with you being American and working on other servers - all which is very wrong of me so I apologise! (I knew I'd get bollcked by someone for missing a name or ten - it was meant to be a "ferinstance" rather than a comprehensive list).

And yes I was going to go the bow and fiddle route but Bougie assured me that you can't actually hide the mannequin so I didn't bother!

And yes a hearing horn thingy would have been excellent lol
    Kenana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, sigh... :(

And neither Q nor I are actually "natives," in that we didn't start out there (I'm guessing; I can only really speak for me ;->) or are based there (I think we're both based out West, iirc!), but we like it a lot! :D

Uwk
    Kenana and Febrith like this.
  14. Xalandra Well-Known Member

Beautiful work! I always enjoy the combinations of colors you use and the fireplaces are to die for!
  15. Febrith Well-Known Member

Heeeeey - I bet Sherlock could find your missing socks! <3
  16. Xalandra Well-Known Member

Perhaps indeed he could. However, I do fancy being able to wiggle my toes freely. Socks make them feel rather claustrophobic you see ;)
  17. Febrith Well-Known Member

Aaah, the The Case of the Missing Birkenstocks.....:p
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! :D

I've had the same cheesy pair of "Birks" (kind of; in the same way that Ford/Lincoln/Mercury auto makers made not only the Continental, but the Pinto...these sandals are the latter) for literally decades now, and the insoles have long since worn out, and the outer soles are beginning to flap about, since the glue (sigh) is dying. Could Sherlock find me a pair of proper walking sandals (or shoes, for that matter) that are reasonably priced and actually STITCHED together? :-/

Uwk
    Kenana and Xalandra like this.