Feb 5th update notes

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Bananaz, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Bananaz Member

ABILITIES
    Player strikethrough can now go over 50%.

Is this only for pvp?
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

If it isn't holy hell Fighters just got a massive fix... this will drastically change how they can hit bosses. May actually having a point now that I already have 50% ST static XD
  3. Davngr Well-Known Member

never saw any post on strike thur having a cap and i think this is PvP as it says "player".

i would be pretty dumb to give warriors 75% strikethru ability when it had a 50% cap..
  4. Bananaz Member

If you have done any testing of Strikethrough you would know that anything over 50% is a waste.
    I have tested it with me having 135% and another tank having 55% and our hits were the same +/- 2%
  5. Davngr Well-Known Member

i have done testing of strikethru. well.. as good as can be done since it's not really easily parsed but the results were always inconclusive since there are so many other mechanics are work there. for instance if you strikethru a special avoidance and then miss, you still see a block/parry/riposte instead of a miss.
  6. Silzin Active Member

I have tested some.
    Test 1 is a merged parse from 2/2/2013 on Oligar of the Dead HM and Drinal 2 soulwell. Test 1 was with ~60% Accuracy and ~60% Strikethrough.
    My merged average hit rates with my auto attack in test 1 was 81%

Test 2 was 2/5/2013 on the same mobs. Test 2 was with ~30% Accuracy and ~90% Strikethrough.
    My merged average hit rates with my auto attack in test 2 was 74%

Both tests had over 9k swings, so I hope it was a large enough sample, but I think it was conclusive that getting 30% more Strikethrough did not help my hit rates. So I don’t think this affected Strikethrough against Mobs.
  7. Davngr Well-Known Member

ya that's what i thought.. that would be one of the better epic failures in mmo's abilities if they gave warriors 75% strikethru and then had a 50% cap lol

either way.. i did send devs a pm to explain exactly what it was and tbh this is pretty awesome for bg's if that's what was meant.
  8. Boli Active Member

So, tanks may have a similar hit rates to scouts in the end?

Its about time; there was no reason to reduce tank's hit rate by ~20% just "because"; aside from reducing DPS (hate) it also reduced things like proc chance and the pure enjoyment out of the game (e.g. after all your effort finding out you had a 40% hit rate is just disheartening)

it'll be interesting to see how the hit rate parses out.
  9. Davngr Well-Known Member

finally got a response for a dev and i guess it was 50% and is now 100% on pve?

so it worked like casting speed where 100% was in reality 50%.

i guess hit rates and strikethru effectiveness should go up but you're still going to see blocks/parry/riposte even with 100% strikethru since misses turn to specials.
  10. Xaxationlorex New Member

Ugh, so does this mean I now get to stack another inflated stat? Oh well, maybe my hit rates wont dive into the toliet now in random zones.
  11. Bananaz Member

Tested it tonight with 100% strikethrough and nothing has changed still the same hit rates as before with 55%
  12. Davngr Well-Known Member

yea, i don't know what's up.
    tonight in unearthed my assassin got the most blocks he has ever received in zone. like 1 in 5 FFu's blocked and 2 in 5 masked strikes.. it was ridiculous.

i hope to god they didn't raise the cap and also raised the thresh hold of strikethru. ie. passively increasing the mobs avoidance chance. not sure how their avoidance formula works or where strikethru falls so anything is possible.
  13. KickyaUK New Member

Not so accurate you only said what your HIT rate was , do you have the parses saved showing the
    Swings - Broken down into Hit, Miss, Block, Parry and Ripost ?

My Guard did this ...
    791 Weapon Skills
    93.7% Strikethrough
    40.9% Accuracy
    51.5% Hate

The Enraged Imp was 84.99%

Total swings 746

Hits 634
    Miss 98
    Ripost 14 (includes Block Parrys)

So he did not get so many ripost/block/parry but missed quite a few. It is my hope that if i swap out about 20% ST into ACC the ammount of miss will go down more than the ripost goes up. Im guessing I have to find the right balance betweenthe 2 stats.

The Enraged Imp however is not probably the best raid boss to parse on it allways returned me a worse hit raite than any other in Alter. ( Pre Patch ) I did not get a chance to parse other bosses as i turned up late for the raid as I was working 8( I look forward to testing on the other bosses in AoA this weekend/ Monday. After which I plan to swap out the ST for ACC and re parse it again.

seems to me using the 60%ST ACC as a base line , lowering the ACC probably made the hits go down but Struk through more , the ammount of swings not blocked increase was not as many as the ammount of misses hence the average Hit % going down by 7%.

Id like to see a 90% ACC 30% ST parse to compair.

hope when I swap 20% giving me 60ACC 73ST the Hit rate end up in the 90% + range.