fear, hate, and Dirge CC question

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Fhalladas, Dec 12, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Fhalladas Guest

I'm trying to decide between Dirge and Troub. Looking over the abilities list it seem like Dirge mige be better (though you have to wait till higher levels) because a) their fear can't be broken b) it has a short recast (even though it's a short duration) c) they have a song that increases hate on the tank (can't think of anything that can be more useful)

Yeah troub's get a mez at lvl 50, but that's so far in the future I dont' want to think about it. So their charm is the best thing, but it seems like the recast is so long that this realy wouldn't be more then a situational last-resort kind of thing. Baisically you pick up an add and occasionally have a charm that you can use to contain it.

And also troubs only have a song to gradually decrease their hate in the encounter. Wouldn't it be more useful to have a song that pulls hate onto the tank? i mean, how would that gradual decrease really help unless you've done something silly (like singing a bunch of songs durgin battle) and pulled hate.

I've heard that Troubs have an easier time getting groups at higher levels, but why is that? Seems like the Dirge might be a little better with CC.

Hmm, just read somewhere that you can only target mobs with the "increase hate" song... is that right? is it a bug?
    Message Edited by Fhalladas on 12-12-2004 08:08 AM