Favorite Expansion to Date.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Estred, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

I want to see what people think as this game ages... Chains of Eternity is not selectable in this due to it probably not being fully released yet as with DoV there are probably planned GU's to add content.

State when you started playing and which expansion was your favorite.
    To start with myself. I joined in 2009 during Rise of Kunark but took a break shortly after deleting my Assassin at lvl 43. Came back in TSO but never experienced it as I was leveling a Guardian.

Sentinels Fate is my favorite expansion because it was the first one I was able to be at current level in and I LOVED the look and feel of Odus especially the unique zones. Vigilant versus Vastly and of course Toxxulia's Mound was a fun raid zone. Only grip was The Hole was boring with a monotone color pallet.
  2. Pink Poodle Maid of the Evening Storm

Desert of Flames, mostly for the aesthetics alone. Wish they'd make a DOF part two or something, I want more deserty stuff.
  3. Beenoc New Member

EoF. Amazing music, amazing zones, amazing lore, and amazing new creatures. Remains my favorite expansion (though I do miss the old BBM/GF quests before the Golden Path thing!)
  4. Wanyen Active Member

Scars of Velious, Planes of Power EQ1

Brief stints at start of launch of original release, Kingdom of Sky, Echos of Faydwer, and Ruins of Kunark. I settled in more regularly during late TSO/early Sentinels Fate. Ruins of Kunark probably was probably the hook that sunk deepest. Sentinels Fate came pretty close.

- Big zones. Big contested zones. Lots key instances, both familiar and new/once only rumored from EQ1.
    - Lots of quests.
    - Faction vendors who had stuff worth putting on even after you had finished getting enough faction. No expansion specific currency relative to the faction vendor. Lots of choices for factions (off the top of my head, Rillis, Synod, Danak, Rime, and I know several major ones are missing).
    - No memorable void nonsense. A storyline that was fairly consistent. Expanded background for races and areas that were left mostly untouched in EQ1 that added depth and not necessarily stark and purposeful contradiction or deviation from the established EQ-universe.
    - Class based quests that offered the potential for a lifetime of out growth instead of being completely disposable (unfortunately, cut short/wrapped up with ER).
    - A good compromise for intra-zone travel between ease and speed, and preservation of the largeness through the storyline earned Sokokar outpost system, that even carried over to one of the larger dungeons that provided a 'skip point'.
  5. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Rise of Kunark followed by EoF.

If we're mentioning EQ1 expansion- Scars of Velious. As far as I'm concerned that was the best expansion of any MMO ever; the pinnacle of MMO gaming.
  6. Xillean Well-Known Member

Rise of Kunark by far for me, though EOF was pretty good too.
  7. Quabi Active Member

I played at launch but skipped Desert of Flame. I raided in each of the other expansions until PoW/CoE.

KoS > EoF > TSO > SF > RoK

The main reason I liked KoS/EoF was that the gear was not ridiculously powerful and the game mechanics worked very well. The raid content in TSO/SF was a lot more interesting than KoS/EoF, but the mechanics and itemization were deteriorating. RoK nearly made me quit raiding, and DoV did make me quit raiding.
  8. Bolbir Active Member

Started a month after the game was released.

Everything else then Shattered Lands, Echoes Of Faydwer is crap. But i most say that Ruins Of Kunark had the best raid zones of all expansion, but just raids the rest wasnt so good.

What i like to se for the next expaniso is something similiar to EoF. a huge new continent, new starting city, everything for level 1 and up with instances/contested zones from lvl 20 and up.
  9. Kalmaraa Active Member

There's a favorite?
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Kingdom of Sky was the most fun for me. I loved the raids.