Farming Fabled Clefts

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Bodiddle, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Bodiddle Member

This zone at least on antonia bayle is being farmed by several people by standing where the named spawn having there mercenary on auto defend. By my opinion your defeating the purpose of the zone and disrupting game play by doing so. Some are kind and share others are not. But the point is when someone is working on leveling up and doing the zone it would be nice if you would let them have a shot at those named . Instead of telling them to go grind SS as one player did. What does the rest of the community think about this behavior? Is this form of contested lock down ok? Is this the game we want to play?

I understand that contested avatars take a raid force to take down but think about what happened there. The community felt so strongly about it not working as intended that the developers invested in adding a whole new zone and schedule for others to have a chance at killing those mobs. This to me is very similar. Not going to say right or wrong just bringing it to the communities attention and asking for feedback.
  2. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yeap search and you will find a least two other thread about that. General advice is to report those people
    and go on the customer page and open a ticket.

Yesterday a raidmate told me that a least one such abuser from a well-known infamous raiding guild was banned.
    So GM seem to take that quite seriously.
  3. Colm Active Member

Yes, the campers are annoying. Personally, i don't care, and i don't frequent the Clefts often. As stated, there are many threads about this topic on the forum already. And various ways to deal with them.

However, if you are trying to level up somewhere. Clefts is not the place to do it. The encounters are easier, but it definitely not the best or the fastest (the xp is just terrible). As stated by the people farming Clefts, SS is by far a better option. Especially if you're on such a populated server as AB, you should have no problem finding an SS group.

Also AoTGs is more or less meant to be thought of as a "Practice" match against the gods, so that guilds are able to practice the strats and then if they can, go attempt to take down a contested avatar. Most servers only have a few guilds that compete for contested avatars.
  4. Bodiddle Member

Thank you for the reply's and suggestions.
  5. Avianna Well-Known Member

On the OP's general topic of is that behavior correct or not my opinion is simple. Yes, the zone is contested, but that does not give a player the right to be a <insert beep here>. Treat others as you want to be treated and don't be so selfish to only think about yourself. You would not like someone to treat you like that yet you do it to others you hypocrites! This world would be a much better place if kindness were shared more generously than hatred is and that choice begins with YOU. You get the decision to share and show kindness and make the world better or you get the choice to spread hatred and be a part of the problem.

To the person that has the well I gotta screw them before they screw me attitude guess what you're part of the problem too. Just be kind to your fellow person not only in Norrath but in the Earth realm too and we will all be better off.
  6. Chronus Active Member

Personally I think if it's contested it's contested and some guy can stand at the mob and kill it every spawn (bottom floor is like 5 spells anyways) but doing it with a merc and afked is abusing mechanics a bit there. So report those people for sure, but there's not much else to do.

And as to the guy that told you to go and grind in Skyshrine, that's what I'd suggest as well for levelling if you want do it quickly. The mobs in there aren't really soloable in poor gear and are recognised as such with much more exp per kill.
  7. JonnyJJJ New Member

Could just stop the keys dropping on the bottom floor - would stop all the afk farming because the nameds on 2nd and 3rd floor are too hard for mercs to kill alone.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

Well second level is quite hard for a solo player with beginner gear. I can probably survive a triple encounter (3 groups)
    but defeating a named would take way too much time.

This zone is intended to gear up new level 95, so i would move the key to the ^^ mobs or simply make the two guardian ^^ (or modests ^^^) with at most 10m of hp.

Note that some care must be taken since a powerfull mystic or knigth may render his/her mercenary
    imune to damage with the regenerating group aura. And myself as a warden could put my spores on my mercenary too. It may be enough for the mercenary to defeat a ^^.
  9. Estal Well-Known Member

Just remove all loot that is desirable until the mobs in the zone pose an adequate challenge.
  10. Avianna Well-Known Member

Now see you should work for sony this is what they would do is take a small problem and go way off the deep end with it.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  11. Estal Well-Known Member

thank you for the dent in my sarcasm detector, now I'll have to sell it on ebay as lightly used.

Point simply is that the mobs in fabled clefts are easier than the ones in Skyshrine even, yet the loot is desirable, you can't possibly call that correct progression.
    Avianna likes this.
  12. Avianna Well-Known Member

Your Welcome :)
    Wirewhisker likes this.