Farewell, Domino (Emily)

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Adevil, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Meirril Well-Known Member

I'm really sad to hear this. Livelyhound was a pillar of this community and I've always wondered what happened to him. My belated condolences, he was a great person and is greatly missed.
  2. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Best of luck in whatever you do next, Domino.

As a parting gift, can you get the ToT daily crafting quest timer lowered from 168 hours to, say 164, or 162?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Ursa, it's already 6d20h for the dailies (164 hours).

And back on topic ;): Thank you, Domino...for everything.
  4. Meirril Well-Known Member

Domino was an avid player of EQ2 long before she was hired by SOE to work on the game. She was quite vocal here and managed to catch the previous crafting dev's attention. I remember a lot of times the two of us would be up late (well, late for me) talking about the future of crafting when neither of us had any direct input on the matter.

She convinced me it wasn't a waste of ebon to craft braisers with it. I nearly cried tears of blood over that. Man that was a long time ago.

EQ2 has changed a lot since then. Domino had a huge influence over the direction crafting took, and I'd like to say that she smoothed off all the rough corners and made crafting an enjoyable experience. She also broadened crafting quests to almost achieve the idea of crafting being its own independent play style (which was one of the beta goals for EQ2). As a developer she had a great deal of success.

More than that though, she managed to communicate with the players who shared her passion for crafting. Of course there is no way to satisfy them all, but she gave us the impression that she listened and she tried to consider all of our various desires. Out of all the devs she is probably the most loved because she was more open than the rest about what she was doing and why. Most of the time she wouldn't say a lot, but a few words here and there buys a lot of good will. A simple "I'll look into it" was usually all (reasonable) people wanted to see.

Many wishes for a happy future Emily. I hope this isn't the last I hear of Domino.
  5. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Not for me it's not. I'm tracking 10 characters, and it's still 7 days exactly from the finish of the last quest to the feather popping up on the quest giver.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Shmogre like this.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

If we're getting a parting gift, it should be a way to spawn a dancing Domino and Hal. Seriously, get your priorities straight! :p
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

The KA ones are 6d20h, the ToT ones are still exactly 7 days, down to the second
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Shmogre like this.
  8. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Apologies, I missed the "ToT" bit in Ursa's post. :oops:
  9. Spindle Well-Known Member

Domino,
    You will be so missed! When you left EQ2 to become a Producer for Landmark it was like a special brightness of Norrath left EQ2. You came back to the old world to help out with Rafik and other projects and the brightness returned. YAY! Thank you so much for loving the old world folks in and out of game and giving us so many wonderful hours of crafting and questing.

I know you will brighten up any company you work for. Your quick wit, attention to detail and, yes, insane cooking skills bring super pluses to any situation lol

My keyboard sitting kitty is looking forward to seeing/hearing the new feline adventures you, hopefully, will share with us.

Virtual hugs from a couple of little winged things and a few Sarnaks.

Fair winds and following seas be yours!
  10. I like bears Member

I'm sad to read this... I am really thankful for all of Domino's contributions to tradeskilling. Enjoy being home again and enjoy shoveling snow (hate hate hate it).
  11. Lera Well-Known Member

Thank you for everything you've contributed to EQ2. We'll miss you!
  12. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Domino you will be missed. You set the bar for dev interaction with community, and I can only hope that future and existing devs will/continue to follow that example. IMO, EQ2 crafting is the best of all MMOs and you made it that way.

I hope your future projects bring you as much love and adoration as you found in this game. :):p
  13. Mowse Well-Known Member

off topic but not really. watch this show. eye opener
    Border Security: Canada’s Front Line
  14. Xillean Well-Known Member

Well that was a swift kick to the feels, really sad to see you go but I understand and hope you find fun in your next adventure Domino!!!!!!
  15. Adevil Well-Known Member

16. Probe One Member

17. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

You will be greatly missed by all of us. Best of Luck and don't be a stranger. :(
  18. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Thank you for all you've done in EQ2 Domino, you will be greatly missed! Good luck in your future endeavors. :)
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Odd; I seem to remember Domino having something to do with EQ1 as well? Or was she just a really well-known player there?

Domino, if you're the one responsible for getting RID of those stupid subcombines from the old days, you are my Best Friend Forever! Right up there with Excel... :D

Uwk
    "father" of a few dozen... ;->
    Aelfan, GrunEQ and Prissetta like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, I hope...if there's a choice between this game sunsetting forever and someone like Amazon buying up DBG, I'll opt for the latter. :)

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.