Far Seas Clothing

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Ohiv, Dec 3, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

OK I am sure this is RND or maybe Bristlebane playing with me, anyways I reciently bought a full set. I already had my unicorn, and bought recipies and still no spoon or rolling pin and had coins to spare, so I figured why not. ANyways doing combines today with the gear SEEMS to be going a lot smoother and faster. Yea yea I still get bad RND rounds where I can't get any durability to save my life, but the amount of critical failures seems fewer more specifically because it seems it takes less time to do a combine.
    SOOO am I just being played with by Bristlebane or are others seeing the same thing?
  2. ARCHIVED-LadyGalasya Guest

I believe that is supposed to be the general idea of the armor (other than apperance of course). Even without the armor, if I remember to bring my sculpting items I have my in class combines go smoother.
  3. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

The full set gives +5 to progress plus +11 to each of your tradeskill types (+2 levels in other words).
    I'd expect to definately see some sort of benefit from this in combines for your own tradeskill class, although I'd think that the RNG would still be the over-riding factor for non core skills.
    I have my Fletching at 446 now, combined with about a +13 success chance and +5 to progress. I find I can click create on an arrow recipe, and then do nothing, no buffs, no counters, just sit and watch it, and I will get a pristine combine (not that you'd want to do that though as it takes twice as long as just spamming some additional progress buffs)
  4. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Yep, I have seen a slight difference from the start of this cross class stuff since I kept my http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Eye-piece_of_Gaz all along (yeah I'm loony.. kept it in my ts gear macro just in case skills ninja boosted the wrong classes hehe... and for making t1 jewelry for babies). I did notice it when doing the jeweler combines on my provis and even more after I got the Far Seas BP.
  5. ARCHIVED-Bunion Guest

I was looking to see what the effect of the 5% bonus to progress was and it only affects the base progress of 50, not any of your reactives. So that amounts to 2 extra progress per tic. Reallly doesn't seem worth it as instead of 166 using all 3 progression skills I get 168 with a full set of armor on. I am rather disappointed in the effect as it doesn't speed up crafting much at all.

Callus