Fan Faire update from a player?

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-ClarkWGriswold, Mar 28, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-ClarkWGriswold Guest

I have been so frustrated with the lack of info for Fan Faire that I finally called the Hilton.

SOE is confirmed for June 8-13 2005

The rooms are $125 a night and are very limited but that is not the best rate you can get. Check the internet.

BTW on 11th of March the contract was finalized for this, wonder why we didnt know then.

Best wishes,

Sparky
  2. ARCHIVED-Meryddian Guest

ZZ Top is playing the Hilton on Thurs. June 9, so they're showing sold out that date.
  3. ARCHIVED-ClarkWGriswold Guest

It frustrated me very much that it is so passive, like they will tell us when they get around to it. They should cancel and reschedule and give NOTICE for the next one, more than what they are giving us now.

Wait we haven't even heard it from them yet.
  4. ARCHIVED-ScreenMonkey Guest

ya realy i wanna go to the fan fair were is it?
  5. ARCHIVED-ClarkWGriswold Guest

Hmmmm still no release info from Sony. Way to go......

It is at the Las Vegas Hilton
  6. ARCHIVED-Kittypoo Guest

Maybe we're not invited. Maybe only EQ1 fans can go!
    Maybe we will get our own Fan Faire !!! A BETTER one !! YEAH....right, that'll happen.
    /sigh
    Come on, SOE, give an official announcement, please?!?!?!?!!?
    :D
    Edit for stupid typing errors. Why can I read this 3 times and not see the mistakes until after I post? /cry
    Edit #2: I've been trying to find any official info on the Everquest Live boards but no luck. However, people are reserving rooms at the Las Vegas HIlton based upon information they did NOT get from Sony..... hopefully they are correct.
    Message Edited by Kittypoo on 03-30-2005 12:20 PM
    Message Edited by Kittypoo on 03-30-2005 01:06 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-LdyVesta Guest

Eh who needs Sony to give an "offical update" if they decide to host Fan Faire at a different time, we'll have our own Fan Faire :smileytongue:
  8. ARCHIVED-Dystopya Guest

Guess i should have read this before I posted in the ooc forum 8) WOOT!
  9. ARCHIVED-ClarkWGriswold Guest

Ya, it's a joke. To have things finalized on March 11th and STILL not hear a lineup on what his happening, fees, etc shows where we are viewed in the mix of things.

I can't believe people have bought their plane tickets and hotel reservations NOT knowing anything about the event.
  10. ARCHIVED-sayitaintso Guest

I have plane tickets and hotel reservations for that weekend at the Hilton. Despite what SOE says, the Hilton has told me and many others that the dates ARE confirmed and official. I don't know why SOE is dragging their feet on release of the information but they are costing many people a lot of money. Plane tickets are about to go through the roof due to increases in oil prices. If I could have been sure about the dates 2 months ago, I could have booked a room at the Belagio for a few night before the FF and only paid $79 a night..now they are $300...

It would be NICE if we could post on teh FF forums, but without a valid EQ1 account we can't ....
  11. ARCHIVED-ClarkWGriswold Guest

There is a post in the EQ forums that says

Yay FF confirmed. And gives the same dates that I had posted in the start of this thread.

Still no info on events, cost, etc.

I hear they didn't have to do this or they didn't have to do that but you can bet that they see $$$ at the end of the rainbow and aren't doing FF out of the kindness of their hearts.