Fan Faire 2005

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Khuzad, Jan 31, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-ClarkWGriswold Guest

Vegas hotels fill up very quickly, when can we expect a concrete date?
  2. ARCHIVED-Fragzzt Guest

One of these days maybe they'll get one around here (central ohio) Indy would be cool, or heck, Columbus has a great convention center :).
  3. ARCHIVED-Berek-Halfhand Guest

They did have it at Chicago and I kicked myself for not going :(. Well, I couldn't go at the time which really sucked...

Let's see:

Fan Faire Cost for Las Vega trip: $600+
    Fan Faire Cost for Chicago trip: $200+
  4. ARCHIVED-Fragzzt Guest

Yea, I guess chicago wouldnt be TOO bad, but still would like it to be more eastward :p. Or heck, head to someplace like Charlotte :p. I love that area..
  5. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Vegas is only 3 hours from me, w00t!
  6. ARCHIVED-DragonJAJ Guest

HOw is this different from the EQ Fan Faire?
    I just saw on teh EQ site that it's going to be in New Orleans in OCt!
    There is no mention of June in Vegas!!

SO...what is it? June in Vegas or Oct in New Orleans?!?!?

I need to know so I can start making arrangements to go to Vegas. Where is this info. regarding Vegas??

HELP!!!
  7. ARCHIVED-ClarkWGriswold Guest

Here it is March 4th and no news and there are very limited rooms left at the Hilton with no for sure word yet. This is very frustrating.
  8. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

New Orleans was Oct 2004. They usually don't update the announcement page until just before registration opens.
  9. ARCHIVED-ClarkWGriswold Guest

well that would be ok if the Hilton weren't so far away from everything else. Rooms are up to almost $120 a night and there are not that many left.
  10. ARCHIVED-Berek-Halfhand Guest

From what I understand the distance from many of the hotels is within a reasonble walking distance, either that or you can pay $2 for the bus ride.
  11. ARCHIVED-ClarkWGriswold Guest

Well, "from what you understand constitutes" you having never been there. I just got back from there and while it is a nice hotel it is by itself. The plan to put a convention center right at the hotel makes it an attractive venue and mainly why the two are together, for the ease of customers coming from a convention straight to their rooms.

If I am going to a "fun" convention I don't want to be on a bus or walking from my hotel to the convention. There should already be blocks of rooms put off for this convention.
  12. ARCHIVED-Berek-Halfhand Guest

What I understand comes directly from my mother who's beern there twice every year... so you can say it comes from me if you wish because its the facts and what I've researched ;). They are relatively close together, otherwise pay the $2.
  13. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

At past fan faires I've attended SOE has reserved a block of rooms in the hotel itself at a convention rate, but those don't get released to be until the official annoucement. From what I've read on the fan faire forum, the dates are still tentative since the contracts still haven't been finalized, but hopefully the official announcement will happen soon so people can book flights and rooms, etc.
  14. ARCHIVED-Berek-Halfhand Guest

They do set a side a block of rooms? That would be nice, especially if I can't find someone to go with :(.
  15. ARCHIVED-ClarkWGriswold Guest

I am so glad that we are hearing about this fan faire in a timely manner.
  16. ARCHIVED-DragonJAJ Guest

I hope that was a sarcastic remark...
    :D

Seriously, still no news on it. Anyone have any contacts at SOE that can enlighten the rest of us. You know, the ones that play the game and want to go?
    :D

-=JAJ=-
  17. ARCHIVED-Berek-Halfhand Guest

I just hope that we hear about it soon enough to get in on the hotel deal or to even find a decently priced hotel nearby the Hilton.
  18. ARCHIVED-Shailen Guest

In response to the location of the Hilton. I just stayed at the LV Hilton the first week in March while on business there. The monorail stops AT the hotel, and will dump you off anyplace on the strip. Anyplace not on the strip you'd need to cab to no matter where you stayed.
    As for rooms, they are pricey and I personally would like some info soon so I can maybe book something in conjunction with my guildies.
  19. ARCHIVED-ClarkWGriswold Guest

I don't believe the issue is if there is a monorail or not. The hotel is out by itself which causes problems if there aren't a large number of rooms blocked off. The monorail has limited hours and costs each way. While this isn't a huge cost $3 each way you have to wait on it and pay money. Most good conventions will make sure they have lots of rooms blocked off and alternative deals at close by places.

We can't even get a confirm date as the price of tickets and airline fuel skyrockets.
  20. ARCHIVED-Midget of Death Guest

Is there only one fan Faire every year?