Cannot Reproduce Falling through the world in instances and housing

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Chari, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Chari Member

Since Saturday, whenever one of my characters enters her housing, she falls through the world.
    In addition it has happened in Seru housing of another player and in instances in BoL expansion and Elemental planes.
    I have petitioned this and been directed to delete my local files for the character, which I've done. No help. I've also removed all assets ..also didn't help. I set all settings to minimum and to EQ2 defaults. Nothing has helped. Customer Services is convinced it's a graphics or settings issue but I really don't see how this is logical.
    I can zone all my other characters into this housing and none of them are having trouble with instances. I zoned all my characters in turn into the same house and took a /loc.
    All the others go to the same /loc on zoning in, every time... except my bugged character. When she zones in she goes to another /loc, which varies a little but not dramatically, and everything is black. If I move at all, she falls and the game rescues her and puts her at the /loc which the other characters zone in at. I'm not convinced this is a graphics issue.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Twyla likes this.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

This exact same thing has been happening to me for several months. I'm not the only one!
    Twyla, Chari and Breanna like this.
  4. Chari Member

I did.. I ahve a long conversation with GMs where they had me delete files and so on, but nothing helped.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are some houses that have holes in the architecture that you can fall into... the Norrathian Homeshow subforum has some threads on that. But for it to be happening to just one toon?

Reopen the support ticket if need be and explain that none of this has fixed the issue, and ask them to help more.
  6. Chari Member

Yes, I have a long thread with GM Violetann :( Not a very nice one now.
    I spent a long time today completely deleting from Steam and then reinstalling fully the game from Daybreak.I feel like I've jumped through hoops for Customer Services and their cut and paste replies. And to have her say 'Did you actually TRY changing your settings?' really unhelpful after I'd detailed a huge list of changes I had tried and testes I'd performed to save them time troubleshooting.
    Yes, GM I really DID do everything you asked me to do and my character STILL falls through the world in many zones, and increasingly many it seems...I now add Coliseum, Soulbound Chamber, and Traditional Qeynos housing to the list.
    Frustrated.
    Geroblue likes this.
  7. Contessia Active Member

hi, I had this bug awhile back,, and no one was able to help,, and then i stumbled on what fixed it for me,,
    i had been in cd,, died,, and fell thru world, ,, and then would always fall , after uninstalling/reinstalling etc, many times, i decided i would never go back to that instance so might as well delete the quest i was on,, ,, and POOF no more falling thru world ,,, not saying this is THE magic fix, but it shocked me in a good way
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I wonder if that fix would help any "falling through the world" in any of the city houses... :-/

Uwk