Fall is here and we're celebrating with a sale!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Obano Well-Known Member

When is the next expansion coming out? There are quite a few rumors flying around with people in chat saying November 2019 while others think it will release on the specific date of Dec 9th. Also when does the pre-order start.

These things should be announced ahead of time people can be better prepared to make a large purchase.
    Cyrrena, Pixistik and Soara2 like this.
  2. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I hope they will have again this year the "Gear up, level up " event like in the last few years so we can get a different incentive to play each week until the new expansion release ( so we will know the release date too :) )
    Siren and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

I don't think they have announced a specific date formally announced. Generally speaking, it has been November every year with a handful of exceptions, so most just assume that will be the case. I was personally assuming a December release simply because October starts next week, and we haven't heard a word on pre-order pricing and beta testing. (Last year Beta started in early October). The second Tuesday in December would make sense if that were the case, but again, I haven't seen anything posted.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Producer's Letter specifically mentions December.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...etter-carnage-in-kael-more-discussion.590389/
    Cyrrena, Dude and Alyndrys like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

12PM and 12AM was starteted by digital clock makers when the digital red LED clocks first came out.

The clock makers wanted to save money, so a red dot was in one lower corner to show PM. Of course, when off it was AM.

So Balcerak is correct, there is no such thing as 12 PM and 12 AM.

Well, clocks are somewhat of a fiction to as humanity could have come up with a different number of seconds per minute, etc.

A side note: blue LEDs were a long time in being put in clocks, etc. because the makers couldn't come up with a blue LED worth using for several years.
    Cyrrena, Balcerak and Pixistik like this.
  6. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Cyrrena and Xianthia like this.
  7. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Esp if the expac really isn't until dec.. right now the only incentive to play are the ethereals and those go away at the end of next month
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Avithax Well-Known Member

It affords "Plausible Deniability" in case of delays or miscommunications. Heaven forbid they would say something like, "The entire calendar date of September 27 based on Pacific Standard Time".
    Cyrrena and Balcerak like this.
  9. Balcerak Well-Known Member

They could easily avoid the whole 12am/12pm issue by using 11pm or 1am as the starting time.
    Geroblue and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*runs to catch Breanna, she is going to need more meetings, stops, ponders* oh, that means more doughnuts, ice cream, cookies, cake, soda, tea, and coffee...what was I thinking trying to catch her?
    Siren, Geroblue, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The 1/2 price sale for CD ends on November 5th. Historically the 1/2 price sale ends the day that pre-orders for the new expansion begin. But that is historically, no formal announcement has been made. The only mention so far has been as stated above in the Producers Letter that the expansion would be released in December.