Confirmed Faith of the Fallen is killing me.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Cusashorn, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I've had this happen to me twice now.

My raid group zones into Sanctus Seru: The Fading Arches [Raid].

I'm a Human Monk, and I'm getting paired up with a Halfling Warden to help heal my group. She casts Faith of the Fallen on me, and I die.

"Cisia's Faith of the Fallen hits YOU for 128935038 heat damage."

Next thing I know, I see a revive window in front of me and my gear has been damaged.

I don't know why this spell is killing me, or even what the buff is supposed to do, but I've had it happen to me twice now on two different occasions, in this specific raid zone, before the safety barrier is clicked and the zone opens up.
    Carynn, Priority, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  2. Svenone Well-Known Member

Faith of the Fallen is a Warden AA from the Heroic tree. It is *supposed* to completely heal the target and apply a ward equal to the amount of damage healed. There is nothing at all said about causing damage, so you should probably file a bug on it and have your warden raid mate do that and petition it as well. Also, until it is fixed, ask the warden not to cast it on you. It sounds like a "Oh #$%^" button to keep you alive, but something obviously is broken with it.
    Juraiya, Breanna and Cusashorn like this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, she said she'll stop using that for the time being, but this situation has happened very specifically in the Seru raid zone SET UP AREA, before we dropped the barrier and began the zone.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Adept Active Member

I have posted about this before (copied text below) also, did not seem to get much interest from anyone :) Nobody responded to my post so I thought it must have been just me experiencing it, since if it regularly killed others I am sure they would have mentioned it. It is not a raid zone issue, last time it killed me, before I dumped it, was in Diaku Corral solo

Forced to dump this spell currently, it's a killer!
    Description: completely heals the target and applies a ward equal to the amount healed.
    My experience: Mostly works, and then other times it kills your target. Am I missing something? Does Faith of the Fallen have a stealthy assassination effect built into the heal? Is there some sort of AA issue?

From log of one poor casualty
    Faith of the Fallen hits ... but fails to inflict any damage (in log a few times, maybe saved by wards)
    Faith of the Fallen hits YOU for 61217596 heat damage
    Faith of the Fallen hits YOU for 1499618459 heat damage
    ... has killed you

Yoiks, with friends like this, who needs enemies? :eek:

In log of different character
    Faith of the Fallen hits YOU for 850773040 divine damage
    Faith of the Fallen hits YOU for 821914602 divine damage
    Faith of the Fallen hits ... for 5158465477 divine damage (on a pet)
    Juraiya, Breanna and Cusashorn like this.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

I'd submit /bug reports. I remember something in recent patch notes about making a change to fix something that was going so high in its numbers that it was turning negative. Sounds like that might be the case here and a negative heal never did nobody any good!
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  6. Svenone Well-Known Member

Nazy, Tkia and Juraiya like this.
  7. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

This Spell has killed as the tank 3 to 4 times now in raid from what me and the warden in my group have seen in the past month or so.

Was this ever fixed ?
  8. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Well the warden in my group in raid has removed it from their AA, it had been killing me (the tank) 3 to 5 times in 30 uses. I am pretty certain this is a 32 bit issue (numbers too big and flip to negative.)
    Juraiya likes this.