Fairly New Warlock looking for advice

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Bithnar, Jun 22, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Bithnar Guest

I have a lvl 24 warlock and I am looking for some good solo spots/tactics. I have done a few searches but most turned up information from about 6 months to over a year ago. I know there have been big changes even in the past few months so any up to date information would be greatly appreciated.
  2. ARCHIVED-Dajuuk Guest

Thundering Stepps should provide you plenty of good soloing locations. I also like the upper tunnels in splitpaw at that level range.
    As for tactics. You pretty much want to be using something along the lines of.

Root,
    debuff, debuff, debuff,
    big nuke, small nuke,
    Root,
    nuke, nuke, nuke,
    Root,
    nuke, nuke, nuke.

Always cast from max range, and save stun for if root breaks to slow down the incoming damage abit while you get root back on. If you do that you should be able to solo fine. You want to focus on using your highest damage nukes and stay away from dots. When soloing I usually try to focus on single target or two target encounters, because of issues with trying to keep root up on many npc's at the same time. I try to use as high of damage nukes as possible and as I said before avoid dots. This is to reduce my root break chances. Don't be afraid to use your absolution line on single targets while soloing. Its not mana efficient but its a good way to maximize damage over time while minimizing root break chances.