Faction Tokens (wishful thinking)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Anyka, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Anyka New Member

*sigh* SOE why is it you create something good and then never repeat it, why can't you be consistent? :confused:

You brought out the Thurgadin, Rygorr, Othmir, etc Faction Tokens for people that labored long and hard to get their faction up on one character then to be able to share it with alts was greatly appreciated! I'd hoped that you'd do the same for Skyshrine but no. I mean seriously what the!? :(

People that can afford to play this game and pay for expansions generally work full time jobs and have family commitments (you know real lives) outside of this game, those are the kind of people who REALLY appreciated those Faction Tokens. Because it meant they could keep up/catch up with the "hardcore" people all of which for whatever reason can spend hours upon hours sitting in front of a computer or log in and take out an avatar at a moments notice. (W.T.F do you people do, carry laptops with you everywhere you go just in case you get that text to say avatar is up?)

Anyway my second wish this year (as the first one is reserved to win millions in a lottery) is that you bring the faction tokens back, not only for Skyshrine but for Chains of Eternity as well. Since I spent my entire day yesterday trying to do your bloody signature quest line for CoE. All I can say at this point in time is that only one character of mine will EVER do that quest line, unless you find some nice heirloom item I can share (like the speak like a dragon quest) because an entire Sunday is one hell of a time sink for one quest line! I don't give a rats *** if it means I have to pay 100p to buy a Skyshrine faction token (because I would!) I don't care if I pay 250p to bypass that stupid long *** signature quest for Chains of Eternity (because I would!).

Don't get me wrong I don't mind doing the quest initially on one character, but then to have to repeat that kind of time for even one alt, that's where I draw the line, I'd rather read a book then waste another 10hrs of my life in front of a computer doing the most antisocial quest known to man. Nice that it is soloable, but to then do that soloable quest line on a bunch of alts, how antisocial is that. So please please please do something nice for your customer base, you did it once *fingers crossed you'll do it again*.

Cheers!

PS - I hate quests, I never use to but signature quest lines absolutely ruined quests for me. :(
  2. Regolas Well-Known Member

Well in the case of skyshrine (and DoV1 faction merchants if you don't have max faction on one toon) you have heirloom currency that you could move to the character that does have the faction.

But I agree that CoE should have some buyable item that you can pass onto alts to bypass the quest series. It's fine doing it once, but doing it for every alt is horrible.
  3. Kalderon Well-Known Member

yeah ^^ 1 char per account should be all ;P which leads to only doing it 4 times :rolleyes:
    But i don´t think anything like this will happen, due to beeing a perfect timesink :D