Faceted Eye (EH loot)

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Frodex, Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Frodex Guest

Ok this isn't a bad item but where are the resists? This is a top tier zone and takes hours to clear but no resists?! Whats up with this SOE? [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Zelkova Guest

The added spell damage seems to have a very high value when it comes to itemization. Kinda like health regen...
  3. ARCHIVED-Computer MAn Guest

Some resists would be nice I agree but considering resists are rather useless on many fights its not an item breaking flaw. And like was posted above it seems we went from the expansion of useless Flowing Thought and Health Regen to useless +spell damage / heal expansion.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ranja Guest

And what the hell is+dps doing on that thing. it is obviously a caster item and I dont see many casters going in there to mix it up melee where the +10 DPS would be useful.
  5. ARCHIVED-auk Guest

Bards.
  6. ARCHIVED-Spite Guest

[p]Who uses spells and melee's? Lets see Crusaders, Bards, Poisons are spell damage. Too many mages out there see int on an item and assume its only for them.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

Spite wrote:
    "on a successful attack" means that a spell cast can make it proc too not just mellee so that second effect would benefit a caster too.
  8. ARCHIVED-PaganSaint Guest

Bard and Crusader item by all appearances, but it is kind of lame there is no resists.
  9. ARCHIVED-wckronus Guest

I cant think of a mage that would benefit from a DPS increase, unless they run into a mob an melee, you dont see that everyday do ya? And "on a successful attack" usually means a melee attack.
  10. ARCHIVED-SinIsLaw Guest

A sweet item!!! I think if you would add + vs resist you would put the itme close to the edge of beeing two powerfull. Since we are talking about 2 procs here ... If one would loose one proc then sure, it would be to weak for EH without the resist ... For sure best suited on a crusder/bard
  11. ARCHIVED-wckronus Guest

Pfft........ Frodex is just a gay frog that wanna brag about the ww disco on it
  12. ARCHIVED-Choombatta Guest

There are 3 types of "on attack" types.
    On a successful melee attack.
    On a successful spell attack.
    On a successful attack.
    The last one works for melee and spell damage ala Scepter of the Doomsworn.
  13. ARCHIVED-Frodex Guest

Yes and no... I wanted to get the opinion on lack of resists honestly it should be like 400 to all or maybe 800s to 3 types.
  14. ARCHIVED-Sosumya Guest

you say that like its a bad thing
  15. ARCHIVED-Dogmae Guest

Wrong. On successful spell atack, and On successful hostile spell work on spells. On successful attack = melee or ranged.
  16. ARCHIVED-Choombatta Guest

[p]Scepter of the Doomsworn ( which states it procs on a successful attack ) is procing off both melee and spell attacks.[/p][p]What item are you seeing that states it procs off a successful attack but is not procing from anything but melee and ranged ( i.e. Bows or thrown items only)? [/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-wckronus Guest

So your saying that if I get myself a Chel'Drak Shard, which said that it'll proc "On a successful attack" and use it as a mage, it'll proc when I cast? How many mages that you see walking around with a weapon proc that say "on a successful attack" ?
  18. ARCHIVED-Choombatta Guest

[p] Can't say as I do not have a Chel'Drak shard to test with.Scepter of the Doomsworn I can and have tested, and it does indeed proc off both melee and spell attacks. Templars cannot use a ranged weapon to test that portion.[/p][p]Now, is it a bug? Possibly.[/p][p]Although another item not procing off either could be the bug too.[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-DobyMT Guest

[p] If people don't see this as a Bard item they are crazy. And resists would be nice, but let's seriously consider SoE itemization for a minute. Adept 1s still drop in raid zones and crazy high end zones (see: Nizara). Treasured garbage drops in raid zones and high end heroic content. Then again, you could get the best plate item in the game for a while in a zone that is easily Duo or Trioed. [/p][p]You just have to really accept that most of the time, the devs appear to not even know what game they are developing, let alone what zone or mob is dropping said item.[/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-wckronus Guest

Im pretty sure that "on a successful attack" wil only proc on melee/ranged, if not then you got some uber weapon that no one else has.