Fabled Vyemm

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by YraenEQ2, Feb 1, 2014.

1. YraenEQ2 New Member

I'm sure there's something we're missing on this fight, but I can't seem to think of what it might be. Scream of Chaos is just slaughtering us. We can block a couple of rounds, but then we run out of blockers. Standing under the dragon doesn't seem to do anything. We tried ranging it at >20m (from the dragon), but that seemed hit or miss on if it worked or not.

Anybody have any hints?
  2. Luzionist Active Member

Debuff and wards?
  3. YraenEQ2 New Member

I don't think either of those are going to stop the AE from hitting for 1million+ on everyone but the tanks.
  4. Andesite Member

Its a frontal cone!
  5. Andesite Member

I should say, hes got an enormous hit box so standing underneath him would probably still count as being in his cone range. Just need to make sure everyone but the MT is actually behind him.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Screams is Not a frontal cone. It also appears to have no variation in damage for range. Currently its a case of block/survive it as much as possible and pray you kill it before too many blockers run out.
  7. Andesite Member

Interesting, I've killed him 4 times now and every time I get my raid to stack behind vyemm in the room before him and they have not once been hit by screams (no aoe immunes used). His other 2 spells are regular aoes if that is what you are referring too but they don't hit nearly as hard.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In Ye Olden Dayes and now, we had the raid hide either on the stairs or behind the column in the room with the talkative gazer, because as Vyemm comes in, he frontals everything in his path. When the tank has Vyemm turned and facing into the corner, everyone runs to get underneath where his dragon huevos would be, and fight. The tank and tank healers do have to do some death-saves and AOE blocking, and the tank has to contend with knock-ups, but most everyone else just whacks the huevos in a straight burn. If the raid is standing where they are supposed to, the tanks keep aggro, and the healers keep the tanks alive, Vyemm is a loot piñata.

• Autoattack for Vyemm is slashing DD for about 1.0-1.5 mil in damage. All of this should be hitting the tank.
    • Scream of Chaos comes about every 28-30 seconds, has a knockup and crushing DD for about 1 mil in damage. ACT shows warded/crushing for most of the times it went off. The tank should be getting all of this, I am pretty sure it's a frontal cone.
    • Energy Vortex comes around every 50 sec and is a frontal cone magic DD for about 600K damage. All of this should be hitting the tank.
    • Tail Lash is a rear cone focus attack with stun for about 1 mil in damage and comes about every 30-33 sec. If everyone is standing where you are supposed to be, this shouldn't hit you.
  9. YraenEQ2 New Member

Except Tail Lash appears to be a frontal (hit everyone not standing far enough back on incoming) and Scream of Chaos was hitting people standing behind him. I'm wondering if the two got their positionals reversed.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Check ACT and see what happens later in the fight. We all got hit with some of this on our first pull yesterday, because Vyemm decided to float through the stone walls rather than follow the tank. Once he was positioned in the corner,w e all stood underneath him. My tissue-paper-clad gnome was not hit with anything standing under there.
  11. Mae- Well-Known Member

I was able to avoid Screams every time by being on the stairs somewhere between 15-20m away. I'd run back down the stairs to get back in range between casts. Long cast time so easy to joust.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you bring up the mob's cast bar (For Profit UI, use /show_window Custom.TargetCasting) you can easily tell when Scream is casting.
  13. Kalika Well-Known Member

I simply stayed beyond the drake, avoiding his tail attack. Once aoe blocker ran out we got kicked up
    and nobody died, DP was running but i don't think it triggered. People in group had from 350 to 700 k hp.

Only tank took big damage (we wiped on the first pulls that were messy).

Jousting may work too, but staying below seems fine.

It's not clear if the 1m dmg mentionned above is before or after mitigation.
    1 million on a priest is likely to do 300K so it won't kill him, but on a mage it may do 500K
    which may kill him (except if he is a hp based necro).