Extremely Slow Game Download

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Tamelin, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Tamelin New Member

Hi all,

I'm a returning player, and trying to download the current version, and having some problems.

First, I did the download/install, and got to the character creation screen. I then launched the game, but noticed that the game still seemed to be downloading files, and the game was very choppy and full of short freezes. I did some reading on the forum and saw a suggestion to go to advance settings and check Full Install, which I did. This made the game inaccessible until the entire install process was completed.

That was last night. It is now well over 12 hours later, and the launcher says the following:

Installing 3,661 M of 18,850 M (19.4%)

I have timed it, and it is going up by approximately 1% per hour. So that means it is going to take roughly another 80 hours to install the game! LOL

So I've already submitted a support ticket on this, but does anyone have any suggestions how I might speed this process up, or do I just have to wait it out.

BTW, I live in Thailand, but I have a fairly quick download speed on speedtest.net of 37.35 Mbps.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Jesaine likes this.
  2. Mazcote Yarquest Active Member

I would recommend rebooting everything from the "wall" up to and including the PC.

- Shut everything down, including your router/modem
    - Once everything is off let it sit for no less than 1 minute prior to turning it back on.
    - Turn on the modem 1st, let it fully initialize... wait for all green or solid lights or whatever indicates proper connectivity/operation.
    - Turn on your router, assuming you have one.
    - Turn on the PC

If you do everything in this order you should be good, assuming you do not have external connectivity issues or some other hardware/software problem.

Also check your firewall/AV isn't somehow interfering.

The game will continue to install from where it left off.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

onyxtz and Leoskyz like this.
  4. Leoskyz New Member

5. Fuzion New Member

Just came here to see if there was a fix. Thanks, it fixed my issue, too.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Worked for me to.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Now if my ISP was worth the money we pay them.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Now that was interesting. I just checked this again... and somehow it was set to restricted. I changed it back to disabled.

And printed that hacks page to pdf.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Jesaine Well-Known Member

One thing nobody mentioned thus far is that the game "version" makes a difference also.

If you're still on the default option to download zones, etc... as you play, the initial download was slower for me, and the game lagged like hell once I was playing. *IF* you didn't change that yet, here's what to do:

On the launcher window, right above the progress bar, there's "Advanced Tools".

Click on that to open the Options menu. From there, click on "Game Version"

From there, you can select US or UK / European English - Full (download)

You'll have to wait for the full game to DL, but it will run 100x better once you start playing.

I won't make you cry by telling you what my FiOS download bandwidth is either. :D
    Geroblue and Twyla like this.