Extra Life Group Incentives Stretch Goal

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    Game Day isn’t even here yet, and you all have surpassed our goal for the year! We are moving the goalposts so we can give more to the children in need, and to you all as well!

As you all are aware, we will be tallying up donations a few days after Extra Life Game Day to determine the Group Milestones for the in-game bonus week. Keep reading to see the updates!

The prior challenge was to reach $100,000 by November 6, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. PST (be mindful of the time-change which occurs November 5, 2023) to receive:
    • 250% Bonus Experience
    • 40% Increased Rare Drop Chance
    • Double Currency Rewards
    • Double loot drops in current expansions
    • 15% chance to drop an additional rare (on top of the normal drops)
    The new challenge is to reach $125,000 by November 6, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. PST (be mindful of the time-change which occurs November 5, 2023) to receive:
    • 250% Bonus Experience
    • 40% Increased Rare Drop Chance
    • Double Currency Rewards
    • Double loot drops in current expansions
    • 20% chance to drop an additional rare (on top of the normal drops)
    Be sure to keep watch across our social media channels on Game Day. We will be posting about all the amazing streamers who will be working hard to raise donations. For more information on Extra Life, click HERE. For more information on how to join Team Darkpaw to help make a difference, click HERE. You can also use the command /extralife while in-game to get more information! It’s never too late to help, and every cent counts!

Thank you all!

-Team Darkpaw

Join us on social media! Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.
    Schmetterling and Jinksie like this.
  2. Neokissa New Member

This is awesome! Are the bonuses above server-wide, or just for those who donated?
  3. Zylara Well-Known Member

last time was server wide so reckon should still be same
  4. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Server wide!
    Mellody likes this.
  5. Grandavi Active Member

I'm kind of curious. Has anyone researched where the money goes from Extra-life? I do that whenever I think of "worthy" charities and am usually alarmed when I see people pulling in $1m per year by running these charities.

Not saying it's not a worthy charity, but I find the compensation of the people involved a little bit alarming. (maybe I have it wrong)

https://resources.childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/cdn/docs/2022/LegalDocs/990.pdf

From what I find in their annual reporting, I wouldn't use them as a charity. (but that's just me)
    *and just to get ahead of the game... you can all make your own mind up, I am just expressing an opinion. I won't be involved in arguing it, the link shows you everything you need to know. Not saying they are "bad", just saying that information is a good thing*
    draidean likes this.
  6. Evilary Well-Known Member

It's awesome the goal was met. It's neat that Daybreak/Darkpaw is offering a push reward. I would suggest adding a second. Do something like if we reach $150,000 or even $200,000 give a pick a reward crate. Put a handful of items from the marketplace to choose from like mounts and/or prestige home or something. Let's really push to help. An extra 5% chance to drop an additional rare is nice but if you put something more significant in there, we might get enough people to really help.

FYI, it's awesome what you guys are doing regardless, just an idea to really push.
  7. Feyhammer New Member

It is always good to investigate before donating.
    Grandavi's statement about people pulling in $1m per seems a bit misleading since no one at the Children's Miracle Network pulls in that much according to the doc he linked.

The Charity Navigator website rates them a 94% and says "If this organization aligns with your passions and values, you can give with confidence."

I understand that executive salaries are high compared to "regular" people's salaries. For an organization of CMN's size, however, their salaries are reasonable, IMO. I know that the news has recently reported many charities that seem to provide little benefit compared to the executive's multimillion dollar salaries. That does not seem to be the case here, as far as I can tell.

The Children's Miracle Network is unusual because the funds donated stay in the community where they are donated.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

So if people playing videogames on line donate from all over the US and other countries, how does that translate to the money staying in that community?
  9. Chikkin Well-Known Member

you join team darkpaw as specified or thru one of their members and the money they gather gets donated to their local children's hospital

Last year I followed link that Niami Denmother from EQ2 Trader's Corner ( currently our tradeskill dev Denmum) gave us.
    You should read the original call to action post carefully for instructions how to link your donation to your EQ2 account to receive the personal rewards that Daybreak offers.
    Schmetterling and Pixistik like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks Chikkin.
  11. Denmum Developer

To clarify, they stay in the community of the person raising the funds. So any donations that come through my fundraising link, for example, are for Radys Children's Hospital in San Diego, since that is the Children's Miracle Network (CMN) Hospital closest to me. Anything that goes to team Darkpaw directly, instead of through an individual on the team also goes to Radys, since San Diego is Darkpaw's home. If you donate through someone on team Darkpaw that lives in Texas, the money would be earmarked to whatever CMN hospital is near them.
    Mellody and Angeliana like this.
  12. Almee Well-Known Member

Denmum, do you have a link I could use to donate to your team? I find this whole business confusing to my addled brain so a direct link where I could donate would be appreciated.
  13. Denmum Developer

That "ExtraLife 2023!" on the bottom of my sig file leads to my link if you'd rather do that than wade through the team link on the original post.
    Twyla and Pixistik like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I like that so because a lot of devs now work from home the wealth get's spread out a little :)
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Almee Well-Known Member

I'm so brain dead, today, I posted without saying anything rofl.

Thanks for the link, Denmum. Donated with no issues despite nothing but computer issues today.
    Schmetterling and Denmum like this.
  16. Chikkin Well-Known Member

aah there's the signature, your signature didn't show lately Mum, now it's back. I donated also.
    Schmetterling and Denmum like this.
  17. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I've donated a nice tidy sum. Do I regret the donation right now? No, never - it's to a really amazing/good cause and I'm happy to have done it. Do I regret donating it in such a way that Darkpaw Games gets credit for my donation? Absolutely.
  18. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Used your link because you do so much for the community.