Extra Life 2014

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Sincaria, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Sincaria New Member

Hi all!

I would like to introduce you all to something near and dear to my heart; The Extra Life Charity Event. The only charity event I have ever been a part of that is tailored too and for Gamers. It's for Children's Hospitals all around the world. Let me tell you a bit about it first:

Extra Life was started in 2008 as a 24 hour gaming marathon to help raise money for Victoria Enmon and the CMN hospital that fought right along with her against her form of Leukemia. Since then, it has spread far and wide and has raised millions for CMN hospitals in your local area. You can go to Extra-Life.org to learn more and to sign up if you choose.

For those that wish to group together and do this as part of a team, I have created a fundraising page for the Antonia Bayle server. Even if you only donate a dollar, it helps more than you will ever realize.

This link is to the Team Page: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=16772

The link to the event on October 25th at: www.extra-life.org
  2. getinfroggy New Member

Do it for the kids
    Sincaria likes this.
  3. Virgatus Member

Great cause...donation sent
    Sincaria likes this.
  4. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Excellent cause and great way to help out and do what you enjoy...gaming!! I did it last year and played for 24 hours straight...had a blast!
    Sincaria likes this.
  5. Sincaria New Member

This is a great cause and one that's personal for me.

My son was born December 21, 2012. He weighed in at 10 pounds 2 ounces and was 21 inches long. And he spent his first Christmas in the Neonatal ICU at the Children's Hospital in Knoxville, TN because he had what they call 'wet lungs'. Children's Hospital sent an ambulance to the hospital he was born in to take him to Knoxville. And we are so thankful they did because he stopped breathing on the way there. They saved my son. They got him breathing again, helped him breathe when he couldn't do it on his own. To say that we were basket-cases would be an understatement, but the Doctor's, Nurses, even the Admin Staff were professional, compassionate, supporting and just all around incredible. They not only helped him, but us as well. I knew from that day forward, when I participated in Extra Life, it would mean more because Children's Hospitals touched my life and the lives of my family personally.

If nothing else, donate a dollar, because even though it doesn't seem like much, everything helps. Print up flyers, take them to work with you, create your own team or just a donor page or donate to this one. This is a great organization and one I'm proud to support. And... what better way to do a charity event than to have fun with your friends?
    Virgatus likes this.
  6. Sincaria New Member

The time is fast approaching! Come on and let's show our support for the kids!