[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]? arent wizes the best nukers?

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-Squigglle, Jan 7, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Squigglle Guest

I just was tlaking to my warlock guild member. she said she got a spell that does 945 max damage! i got master 1 of ball of fire, and its max hit is 837, wth? shouldnt we do the msot damage?
  2. ARCHIVED-StoneySilence Guest

What level are they compared to you? Ball of Fire is only a lvl 23 spell. Ball of Flames is the lvl 37 spell. My Adept 3 Ball of Flames at lvl 45 does ~1200 damage max.
  3. ARCHIVED-Squigglle Guest

we are both lvl 28
  4. ARCHIVED-AndyTheSlayer Guest

Hit 50 and see if anyone can match your Ice Comet other than Assassinate or Sniper Shot, both of which may do more damage have a 15min recast compaired to Ice Comets 45second one :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Squigglle Guest

if she was lvlv 30+ i could understand.
  6. ARCHIVED-Admhel Guest

Maybe he has higher intelligence?
    :smileyindifferent:
  7. ARCHIVED-StoneySilence Guest

To be 100 points of damage difference it would have to be quite the INT difference I would think. Like she is at the cap and he is WAY under the cap, perhaps with no INT gear or something. Not sure on the actual conversion of INT to DMG ratio for spells but I would think to raise a spell that much would require quite a bit.

*shrug*
  8. ARCHIVED-Goozman Guest

The wizard and warlock 20, 23, 29, 38, 43, 51, 57 nukes all do the same exact damage for the same power. The person yur talkin to just has higher int ^_^

The diff is Wizard balls recast 3 seconds faster while the Warlock distortions drain some power back to the caster

Me 40 wizzy's Ballof Flames Adept III does 1454 damage max right now, and in 3 levels he'll have 19 more INT :smileysurprised: But sadly, he'll be about where he is now as you have to chase that INT cap to keep your damage up.
    Message Edited by Goozman on 01-08-200603:22 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Squigglle Guest

my intelligence lvl with no buffs is 82.
  10. ARCHIVED-tass Guest

wow u really need to some more int. id suggest getting a couple of +10 int dolls, and an imbuned ring of int is another plus. at lv 28 u should have around 150 i think. been a long time since i was lv 28 so cant remember exactly what mine was.
  11. ARCHIVED-blynchehaun Guest

Prior to the revamp, my int at lvl 40 (roughly) was about 110.

It's *really* not that big a deal.
  12. ARCHIVED-StoneySilence Guest

At lvl 28, I had around a 130 INT. Go to Nek Forest up near Bone Lake I think it is, The lake way up north. Hunt the fairies, they drop some decent INT gear, they are lvl ~27. In your mid 30's go to Feerott and fight Mosquitos of any type and get Wasp Wing armor.
  13. ARCHIVED-Goozman Guest

For leet INT gear in the late 20's and early 30's

2 Cuffs of the Stormscholar (7 each) - Recieved from the ToV access quest in Stormhold
    All your new AQ armor - It's all got INT now
    2 +10 Hex Dolls
    Ancient Agate Earring (8 int) - From condemned catacomb quest

2 Rosch Mal Rings (8 each) - From Harclave, can't wear til 30
    Pristine imbued Oak wand (10 int) - Can't wear til 30
    Valekeeper Hat (9 int), Boots (4 int), Pants (8 int), Robe (8int), Necklace (6 int) - From solo quest path in Enchanted Lands. Must be 29-30 to wear
  14. ARCHIVED-bluefish Guest

You just need a much higher INT .. I have a level 24 Wizzy with an INT of 168 self buffed .. my ball of fire has a max damage of 1039 .. the highest I have hit so far is 1011
  15. ARCHIVED-dreadfang Guest

Early 30s int gear? Try the turtles in EL or the sprites in zek (though sprites a little higher), both drop fog grinnin gear, stamina and intelligence, my warlock lived in that throughout his thirties until he could do the tae ew silk cap/sleeves of swamp knowledge camp quests in feerott, sleeves of swamp knowledge has 14 int if I recall.
  16. ARCHIVED-Jayad Guest

int is extremely important for a damage caster class. It affects ALL your spell damage. For example, at level 52, I upgraded about 20 int and it increases my damage around 1-2%. That is a lot because it affects all your spells. It may not seem like a big deal but it really improves your class to pursue int.
    On the other hand, there is a noticable lack of good +int gear, especially below t5-t6.
  17. ARCHIVED-Squigglle Guest

i know, every bit helps.
  18. ARCHIVED-Zmobie Guest

On the other hand, there is a noticable lack of good +int gear, especially below t5-t6.

There is some out there, you just have to find it. It's helped that I knew eventually I'd be playing a caster, so while I went from 1-55 with my Zerk, I'd bank/mule any +int gear I found.

Now, with the re-tool of RoV, there is some really, really nice caster gear to be had in the 25-35 range. I spent a plat to buy a Fabled VLA helm... then two days later got a Legendary VLA helm from a name in RoV that had a better proc (int proc, but you have to be hit for it to proc), better +int... the only thing the Fabled piece had higher was the mitigation, which for the most part, I don't care about.

Mid-30s, you should be able to have ~+6 to +8 in every slot, with a few of them +10 or higher... assuming you are lucky, dedicated, and/or able to use a higher level alt to twink.

--Tusk
  19. ARCHIVED-Jayad Guest

I haven't played in RE since the revamp with my wiz, he was already long past it. But it's good to hear that there's improvements. I still think certain slots at the higher level are really lacking. Even the +int gear available has fairly low amounts of int.
  20. ARCHIVED-UrkBloodAxe Guest

the primary nukes of wizards and warlocks :
    wizard gets : pulse + ball
    warlock gets : blast + null

With maxed int, the wizard Ball line is less damage than the warlock null line. however, the warlock spell is 12 second recat, the wizard is 9 seconds.
    The pulse line is 3 second recast (for wizards) and 4 seconds for the warlocks.

This is why when a wizard and warlock are only using these spells the wizard should get more damage. but it's wrong, because warlock gets a master 2 choice at level 24 which does so much damage the warlock will out damage the wizard until level 37 at least. (hint - area effect spells work on single targets.)

to remove the intelligence variable - any wizard or warlock can examine the spell scrolls on the broker for comparision. the data reads correctly for wizards / warlocks as they both have same skill lines.

Goozman wrote :
    The wizard and warlock 20, 23, 29, 38, 43, 51, 57 nukes all do the same exact damage for the same power. The person yur talkin to just has higher int ^_^

This is false. The warlock nukes for levels 23, 37 and 51 have a power cost reduction built into them.
    Basically wizards run out of power much quicker than warlocks.