Expirementing with Sigs

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-Amana, Sep 24, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

I'm just messin around right now testing out various things. Thx to all who put forth their oppinion about this sig I created here.
    [IMG]
    Decided to break down and see what else I could create. Noticed a certain someone didn't have a sig so I played around with his character. Hope he doesn't get offended at the background I chose since i'm still playing around a bit.
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

Nice. Mind if I offer a few more suggestions?
    Try resizing the text a bit. You want the name to be bigger than the class and other information. The smaller your text gets, the simpler it should be. Small text done in complex designs or fonts are hard to read. Sometimes, having your text blend in with the background is a good thing, but if you've got a complex or busy background, then you'll want the text to stand out more. Adding in some contrast between the text and the background does this. It can be as simple as adding shadows, outter glows, changing the color, etc.
    Don't be afraid to put in some borders. It helps to contain the images and make them easier to look at. The borders don't have to be completely around the entire image or right on the edges. They don't even have to be neatly done or contrasting colors. Just something simple to define where the picture ends and the forum background begins.
    My compliments on the images themselves. They look very crisp.
  3. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Sapphirius wrote:
    Thx
    I'll try experimenting with the text a bit cutting it up so it fits together better. At the moment i'm trying to create a unique style of text I use myself that looks chrome.
    Here's a bit of an example of what I like to achieve. It's not the most artistic logo I created , but it was the best I could do on such short notice for myself.
    [IMG]
  4. ARCHIVED-Sapphirius Guest

Nice contrast on the colors. If you ever get into investing more in your programs, I'd recommend Alien Eye Candy for a bigger variety of chrome-like appearances. Not sure what graphics program you're using for your work, but it's a fun plug-in.
  5. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Sapphirius wrote:
    Strangely enough I have PSP X and bought Adobe Photoshop CS2. I use PSP X more than Adobe because of the ease of use, but PS deffinately has more unique as well as advanced features. Photoshop is the program I primarily use when importing image files into HL2 either for texture purposes or for decals. Need to make them into 32 bit .tgi files (Think that's it) which allows for the alpha channel helping to kill the background making things more seamless.