Expansion Packs...

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Confuzzeled, Feb 17, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Confuzzeled Guest

[p]Hey, [/p][p]I was just wondering if anyone could give me a brief overview of each expansion pack, the levels each one is for, and what new features are with them. And new things that are included. That would be great. [/p][p]Thanks everyone.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

[p]Desert of flames - DoF[/p][p]content for levels 45-60[/p][p]some large outdoor zones, a new city and some instances for single, group and raid players in an 'Arabian knights' type setting[/p][p]Introduces player-vs-player arenas (good idea but very rarely used :( )[/p][p] [/p][p]Kingdom of Sky - KoS[/p][p]content for levels 55-70[/p][p]several large floating islands, conected to rest of Norrath by teleport spires in Ant,CL,TS, Nek, Feerrot and EL. Islands joined together by portals or flying cloud transporters.[/p][p]several, smaller area open zones. Many instances for groups and raids[/p][p]Introduces sub-class achievment tree (i.e one tree for wardens and furies, one tree for wizards and warlocks, one tree for rangers and assassins etc..) Achievment points earned by completing quests, killing nameds, discovering new areas/items etc...[/p][p] [/p][p]Echoes of Faydwar - EoF[/p][p]content for all levels[/p][p]huge expansion with many large open areas and instances. New starter city (Kelethin) and new race (Fae)[/p][p]Introduces new class achievment tree (one tree for every class)[/p][p] [/p][p]If you are looking at purchasing an expansion pack, i believe that the retail box set of EoF contains all 3 expansion[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Okisai Guest

ashen1973 wrote:
    Thanks for the info, and I do hope it contains all of the other expansions and EQ2 :)
  4. ARCHIVED-EtoilePirate Guest

Yes. The retail EoF contains the base game and both previous expansions, in addition to the Faydwer expansion, so it's the one to get. The Digital Download version does NOT contain all those goodies, so spend your money wisely and go to a store!
  5. ARCHIVED-Confuzzeled Guest

Hey, Thanks for all the answers everyone. So, right now my highest level character is a level 19, so would it still be a good idea to buy EOF so I would have all the content when I am ready for it? Also, if I already own Eq2, do I just install the retail EoF over it? Thanks again
  6. ARCHIVED-EtoilePirate Guest

EoF includes zones for 1 - 70, deities, Achievement trees, cloaks, and the Fae -- so I'd get it as soon as possible, yeah, because you're already ready for it. :) And yes, whenever you buy a new expansion, you just install it as normal -- it'll look for a pre-existing directory and then install properly. Then you use the "Register expansion" button on the launcher to register the key. :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Morghur Guest

Just remember that EoF retail doesn't include the Adventure packs! =)