[Expansion] 12 | Cthulhu Strikes Back...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Eles, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Eles Well-Known Member

So, get ready your wallets.
    Pre- Orders October 1st!

[IMG]

The npc vendor in Phantom Sea is one of this species and we have a new main antagonist Cthulhu ( I know probably has another name in Norrath)

"Everyone who knows anything about Norrath is well aware of the Diety “Cazic Thule” the lord of the Pain of Fear Cazic-Thule is allied with Rallos Zek (he's dead in EQ2) and Innoruuk, and the enemy of Mithaniel and Erollisi Marr. (she's back) And it's related to the new deity systems?

Followers of the Faceless fear their Lord and believe that only by causing terror in others will they be spared his vengeful wrath. Fear rules their lives and through fear they rule the lives of others.

Pain, misery, violence, torture, living sacrifice – these are the tools of a Cazicite. Many lizardman tribes are devout followers of Cazic-Thule, but his number of humanoid followers grows daily, a cold shadow slowly engulfing the bright spots of Norrath in a nightmare of horror and pain.

But could the followers of the Faceless, manifestation, of Fear itself.. be on a more sinister, and dare I say.. Evil.. path?

Cthulhu
    I, for one, believe that Fear is good. A natural defense against danger. Without fear, we would run head-long into a blazing fire to be reduced to cinders. But when does it go too far.. When does fear become a weapon to destroy all of Norrath?

When fear can no longer be over come and we go mad, whipping ourselves into a frenzy and becoming a horde of mindless killing machines. Is this what the followers of Cazic want?

Here’s a little hint.

Cazic Thule (Norrathian God of Fear)
    Cthulhu (Lovecraftan “Elder God” of horror)
    Cazic Thule.. C. Thule.. Cthulhu.. Are they one in the same?? If so, what can be done, what should be done.. if anything".
    Ajjantis, Prissetta and Chocoholic like this.
  2. Reevar Active Member

In EQ2 they are the Tavalan. I think they worship Prexus / Thule.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illithid

"In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game, illithids (commonly known as mind flayers) are monstrous humanoid aberrations with psionic powers. In a typical Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting, they live in the moist caverns and cities of the enormous Underdark. Illithids believe themselves to be the dominant species of the multiverse and use other intelligent creatures as thralls, slaves, and chattels."

"Mind flayers were created by Gary Gygax, who has said that one of his inspirations for them was the cover painting of the book The Burrowers Beneath by Brian Lumley,[2] a story grounded in the Cthulhu Mythos created by H.P. Lovecraft.[3]"
    Eles and Mermut like this.
  3. Reevar Active Member

Or they could be Amygdallan? I'm not sure if there is a difference between the two maybe the Tavalan are the ones uncorrupted by Cazic?
  4. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I meh'd.
    Avirodar likes this.
  5. Xevran Well-Known Member

I have to say whoever has done the last two splash screens has done really good.
    Siren likes this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Hehe...change of greaves...

That's as funny as the "Be kind, rewind" from the EQ retrospective, lol....
  7. Rainmare Well-Known Member

if they want to go with the Cthulhu thing, and we know there are Talavan that worship Cazic, then perhaps another Demi-god of the Thule family may be brought back into the Pantheon? Cthulhu was a madness and terror inspiring thing. maybe we'll see Vazelle the Mad make a return. maybe she'll be a neutral diety, a demi-goddess of Madness, with illy/coercer kinda stuff. since they made E.Marr a scout diety.