Exp percentage allocated to AA

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Shiren, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Shiren New Member

Just (re)started EQ2 recently... I noticed my level 20 character has 50% of his experience allocated to AA points. Is this number correct? I was thinking of maybe leveling up a bit faster before investing a lot in AA. What do you think?
  2. Ivory Member

If you have a Bronze or Silver level account, you will not be able to change this. If you have a Gold membership, this is a matter of personal choice. There is no "correct" way to build up AA points.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Additionally, you can't level past 90 until you have 280 AA.
    AAs, well spent, can increase the power/effectiveness of a character as much or more then levels as well.
  4. mouser Well-Known Member

Depends on how much questing and content you want to see. If you don't want to outlevel the zones before you've finished exploring and finding all the quests, you can set up to 90-95%. If you want to get to the end game faster, 50% might be closer to the mark.

Another thing - if you need status points for anything, there are certain levels where you can get a bunch of writs either for the same thing or things real close together. When you hit those, you may want to 'level lock' - 100% XP to AA until you farm whatever status you want then move on. You can also do that whenever you feel the need to be more powerful than you are, but you don't want to grey out mobs.