Exile PVP

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Marsten, Jul 2, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Marsten Guest

Now I can not confirm nor deny that it is possible that Exile PVP may be back. If this is the case then I have a few minor suggestions/requests that only seem fair. We all know that a 3rd faction is EXTREMELY viable for a PVP server, if you disagree then look at Planetside and Planetside 2 as SOE examples for successful PVP with 3 factions. It just offers better balance to the server and more targets to fight in PVP. If people have a problem with that thne you should just slap yourself.
    The first request is that if you are allowing exiles to get updates in PVP then they should also recieve Notoriety, which is the same as Fame/Infamy. This was in the game previously and should return. Currently as it stands none of the Q/Freep factions recieve updates from killing an Exile and that needs to change as well.
    The 2nd suggestion/request is that you please allow shared banks with all characters on an account. This really needs to be added because the days of people only being on one faction are over and it is too much of a hassle to share currency/loot with our other characters without this. This doesnt hurt economy it only serves to help those who have multiple characters on multiple factions.
    This isnt a game breaking request just some simple tools to allow more effecient banking and a viable 3rd faction for more PVP
  2. ARCHIVED-Exagon Guest

+1 to exile fame & updates
  3. ARCHIVED-Seliri Guest

+3 & PvP rank XP/current title shouldn't reset when you betray...
    ...dunno how i dun 4got aboot dis & will add it to a "top 14" (now 15!) list i made in another tRED...
  4. ARCHIVED-Xzerius Guest

Exileds want FFA PvP. Give it to them. Do not permit exileds to group or raid with anyone else. Otherwise, pick a side if they want group PvP.
  5. ARCHIVED-choqeonit Guest

^
    I wish some folks could use logic when posting. The reality is, that exile PVP dates back years ago. Years ago, exiles could group/raid for PVP. Infact, it is still an option to do so today. Why would they suddenly end it or want to? Exile makes PVP thrive.

Choqe
    Displaced
  6. ARCHIVED-Xzerius Guest

Exile only existed as long as the time when they permitted certain classes to swap sides. People stopped in "limbo" to use It by raiding guilds to get the best of a raiding line up leaving the other two sides at a distinct disadvantage. This is no longer an issue so pick a side instead of waiting off in the side lines with your little gank group/raid to jump into an already occurring fray with your ridiculous owned 1 v 1 emotes, all fresh and aoe'ing to take out the already burnt out adversaries then finishing off the other opponents. All this wah wah wah about being all elite and wanting FFA PvP. Get it, take it and use it. Exileds should simply be FFA. You're attacks should cause damage to any other PvP adversary there is regardless of faction. Again, if you desire the mechanics of grouping and being on a side. Then pick one of the TWO. This is my opinion, always has been, and most likely always will be.
  7. ARCHIVED-choqeonit Guest

There's a lot of anger in your post. Still, there is no need for the dev's to make an unnecessary change like the one you propose.

Choqe
    Displaced
  8. ARCHIVED-Ragamuffin Guest

Xzerius wrote:
    - A 3rd faction has always made things more interesting.

- Most of the Pvpers on Nagafen(besides yourself) enjoys the idea of a 3rd faction(clearly you have not searched around the forums to much and you would know this)

- Exile Pvp is extremely fun simply because its your guild vs both factions consisting of 6-24 players vs 100+ Faction

- In most cases exiles get targeted first in a warfield

- Also i have no idea why your even posting in this thread...old news

Let me help you http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=520098

The fact is Exile pvp is currently bringing more players back old and new then ever before.

I honestly dont think anyone cares what faction someone is at this point on the nagafen server they are just hopeing for an
    increase to the population and open world pvp.
  9. ARCHIVED-Xzerius Guest

choqeonit wrote:
    Interesting how you "detect" anger in text. /shrug I have zero emotion so your detection skills are slightly erroneous. I do find it interesting that the people whose opinion differs from mine are the usual faction floppers ( another fail by making it so easy to do so ) that have some sort of warped idea that they are soley responsible for keeping pvp alive. LOL Anyway, I came here to state an opinion not to get into a pi$$ing match with specific individuals ( not much unlike the ones who troll 1 - flames channel on the opposite faction ) I stated my opinion and it remains. The tactics I have witnessed time and time again by exiled groups is no different than that of the typical "wait until the group is engaged in a mob before jumping in". The only difference is that it isn't a mob, it's another pvp group. Of course, the best part, is the /emotes and /say that folows afterwards about lite skills etc..... If exileds are such elitests, give them what they want. True FFA PvP. You're on your own kid.
  10. ARCHIVED-Baackdoor Guest

Melvis wouldnt know what he is talking about when it came to pvp even if the best pvp er world wide explained it to him, the fact you say exile guilds see:displaced, old onxy only wait to pick off the leftovers of the two warring factions shows how ignorant you are of pvp. Ive personally seen displaced and others take on the brunt force of BOTH factions none of this "hiding till they get scraps' stuff, until you actively PvP please refrain from spewing your unwated ideas and ideals about PvP. thamks

-Broan
  11. ARCHIVED-thephantomposter Guest

On VOX I was good, on nagafen I was evil, never went exiled but I think it should be an equal choice. 3 factions definately spice things up.
    They almost have me back, they just need to fix a few more things.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xzerius Guest

Baackdoor wrote:
    LOL, yeah cuz you're so good! /sarcasm off
  13. ARCHIVED-Baackdoor Guest

Xzerius wrote:
    Better than you can hope to be, yeah. you obviously and clearly dont pvp, so why sh*t up the pvp section with you moronic ideas ?
  14. ARCHIVED-Marsten Guest

Xzerius wrote:
    While I respect people's opinions, I have to say that I just don't understand your viewpoint on this subject. Do you not realize that SOE's new flagship game, Planetside 2, is a 3 faction game? So was the first one. History has shown that 3 faction PVP games have always been the better PVP games regarding balance. Most PVP MMO's that are being realeased have 3 factions. So to think that having Exiles in this games is "dumb" just shows how ignorant you are about any successful PVP that this game had in the past and is hoping to have after this update.
  15. ARCHIVED-AtlantisCalz Guest

Exile is a faction regardless of how many people complain, I don't agree with killing each other for updates in there but as a faction they should be able to group. It doesn't hurt anyone else's game play nor does it give them a advantage you can't have yourself. Some of you sound all angry in your post chill out. Not like they have different game mechanics when people go exile. They just get more targets, but with those targets comes a price to pay. So I don't see the rant issue needed at all.
  16. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

The three faction concept has always benefitted the pvp servers. Very glad to see the devs are finally paying attention.
  17. ARCHIVED-Marsten Guest

Twinbladed@Nagafen wrote:
    Exiles have NEVER been able to get an update off of each other, and that wont be the case after the update. The only thing Exiles get from fighting each other is PVP practice. Or to settle a dispute like "you called my mom fat? Ok, lets settle this."
  18. ARCHIVED-Tyrb0s Guest

Marsten wrote:
    EQ1 PVP.
    Good, Neutral, Evil.
  19. ARCHIVED-AtlantisCalz Guest

Marsten wrote:
    Sorry to break this to you but all the way up to eof you could kill your own guildmate and get credit
  20. ARCHIVED-Neskonlith Guest

Twinbladed@Nagafen wrote:
    I do recall that back then there were a few exploits being widely abused by exiles, which eventually led to many pvp benefits being cut off to them, so hopefully the new rules closed up some of those loopholes.
    Been seeing a few complaints in 1-9 claiming alt farming, but hopefully with luck that's as lame as it all will get.